1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Handicap women becomes as an enterpruner. True Incident.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Sep 15, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My Dear Friends,

I have the great pleasure to share with you all about how an handicap women's successful enterprunership incident.

Mr & Mrs Chandran hail from a poor family in the suberbs of Coimbatore, Chandran was working as a casual labour in a textile mill.

In the year 1985 a girl child was borned to these couple and she was named as Gokhila, Unfortunatly the kid had the polio attack when it was 3 years old.
    As Mr & Mrs Chandran was worried and consulted the doctors for treatment of their daughter Gokhila, but couldnot rectify the defect fully, The kid was able to walk with a limping and she attended the school, studied up to 10th std and couldnot continue educations as her father Chandran died in an accident.

Mrs.Chandran took courage to see that her daughter to be self sufficient, She mobilized resources to get Gokhila married to Mr. Naryanan, a painter by profession.

Mr.Narayanan used to get employment for 10 - 15 days in a month.
    So Gokhila decided to supplement more income by buying flowers from the flower market and in the evenings, she used sit in front of a known persons house near a temple. She used to make garlands, strings of flowers duly decorated and sells it to the neighbours, some times she used to get orders for marriage or temple functions.

She was very much cordial, smiling and never both bothered about her handicap.

This nature of hers won many of the people in that area to become reqular customers. years went on and she had delivered a son.

She wanted to establish her flower business and It happened a turning point for her as Me and my friend ( an officer in SBI ) used to go to our office daily in that route and some times we used to purchase flowers from her.

We became friends and one day I told her if she is interested, I can talk to the SBI bank officer for arranging a short term loan, she agreed and as banks wanted guarenters , I decided to be one for her.

I Gave around Rs.5000 as a donation for her to fix a place for rent, so that she can start a shop,( Bankers wanted a permenant address to sancation a loan )

She was able to get Rs.30000 towards working capital and her share should be another Rs.5000 ( again I gave her this time as a loan without any interest ).

She named her shop as Gokhila Enterprises, since I told her to start the shop with all sundry items like women's needs, bindi's, puja articles and house hold cosmetics where the nearby females will be her customers.

Spoke to some of the traders to assist her by delivering the goods to the shop as she couldnot walk normally., as she used to limp while walking.

All materials were bought and she was able to settle down with reasonable income, still she used to tie strings of flowers, garlands when there is no customers in the shop, she sells those flowers in front of her shop itself.

She was able to establish and put her son in a Good school, she repaid my money which I gave as a loan and made reqular EMI to her bank loan.

The bankers have now asked her to apply for a fresh loan as the previous loan has been paid maximum.

Hence The moral of the incident is that when there is a will, there is a way...

someone will come in our life and give us some openings to start a fresh venture.

As it is our duty to guide our people who are in needy, to those handicap destitute women and men etc.,

Subbu

sindmani likes this.

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Subbu Sir,
    That’s very inspiring to hear. kudos to Gokhila! and Thanks to you for taking her to next step..yes, I agree with you if you are willing to help yourself first and work hard there will be always few good people like you to give helping hand! That was very nice of you to help her:2thumbsup:

Tulasi

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kudos to Gokhila and the people who helped her set up a business, including you, Subbu Sir.
    It is indeed a story with a positive information.
    God will help us only if we help ourselves, which is true in Gokhila's life.
    sriniketan

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi subbusir,

That was a nice story about gokhila...there are lot of gokhila's who would need a little support to succeed..and many a subbutr...to set up themselves...to fulfill the grilling requirement of the banks.

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to Shanvy, Srinikethan and Tulasi for the kind gestures and the reason for sharing these type of incidents are to highlight our chances to help someone we come across many times can bring in more positive changes in society.

As An Single Individual every one of us can bring in vast changes in society through Team Work & dedications.

Oppertunities wait for none, one has to go behind it to use it effectively.....

Subbu

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

Helping the lady to grow in life is really great.... Good Gesture.... It needs a big heart to go and help a person to set up a business, without any expectations....

May God show more Subbu's to other aspiring Ghokilas.....

Veda

7. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear veda for the kind gestures and let's hope the society finds helping hands from every one of us.

Subbu

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Subbu,

That was a very good gesture from your side to help Gokhila. I am sure that there is nothing more satisfying than this...where we help the upliftment of a family by lending a helping hand initially.

JFYI...we also do such services in Mumbai & Pune so anyone reading this article comes across any such family or lady who need help do PM me. We target to help atleast 2 such individuals to become independent.

To give someone a few hundreds or material things is very easy from our side but this sometimes makes the received dependent and that is not what we are looking for we want each individual to be independent and and understand the importance of it.

So far we have helped ladies who have been separated or lost their husbands at an age where they can't go out and work in offices as they havent done that ever in their lives...so we help them to set up a beauty parlour or making snacks or stitching etc. If it is a genuine case we help them out.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Helping others is a second nature of your self I beleive Subbu Sir.

I have no words to tell you how much I was moved.:2thumbsup: :clap :clap :clap

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Subbuji,

A moving story,and i am touched by Gokila and you.May god always bless u and ur family.Regards.kamal