1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Hairy Tale - 3

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Aug 9, 2013.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you once again for reading my ramblings and posting your likes and FBs. Here we go for Part 3. Hopefully will finish within Post 4 or 5. If Varalotti sir is reading me making it like a serial, he would bang his head. :bonk

Part 3
    So what was so shocking?? While it was me and my idea to have a short hair... I see the two closest friends of mine having a short hair! They have got their hair cut first.. baaaahh!!!! They were bragging about this new hair style while it should have been me... I shouldnt have told the whole world about my idea...

Yeah... not just this one.. there were several incidents like this.. where i would get an idea but then someone would have already implemented it. Say I had a short hair like Kajol in KKHH, and all thought I was copying her instead of the other way! My brother would tease me when he hears like this ... 'you are like the Palakkattu Madhavan in the tamil movie 'Andha 7 naatkaal' (I think it got remade as 'Wo 7 din' in Hindi). You sing 'tal la le taal laa le' in 'roop tera mastana' tune and say that 'aa bambaikkarar en tune ai kaapi adithunnu'... please hold it tight' and would laugh loud. :drowning. So the lesson is it is not just enof to day dream and idea but really implement it. sigh!

And the extended friend circle.. they all got a short hair in subsequent days and weeks while I was waiting for Lord Jesus to come to this earth so that he could rescue me to have a hair cut. grr... I kept crying and weeping but then committee could not grant a separate Telungana. What if Assam also start fighting for separate state ?? (I mean my cousins!!) That is when I decided the expedite the case by approaching my grandpa. I told him to watch my mom combing my hair and all those lice problem. (yeah what is that the straight and soft hairs never have this problem while the curly and bush haired ones are the blessed ones to have these lice) So he took pity on me, over ruled the decision and advised mom to take me to a salon asap. He must have become 'Mamta Bannerjee' to my dad and grandma that they couldnt do anything but keep quiet.

So the subsequent week... I went to a parlour. (with so many girls in my area getting a hair cut, spotting a good parlour was not tough). Again in those days, you do not get local people to work on these salons. So all those 'chinese' people (i dont know if they were from real China or Arunachal pradesh) with small eyes and a small mouth that never spread into a smile. I literally got scarred at them. When my turn came, she looked at my hair and then at me in the mirror. I couldnt understand her expression. That moment, I didnt want a hair cut and wanted to run away from that seat. I wanted to cry... but then I didnt show off much. I kept my eyes shut tight while the chinese scissors (no, luckily they didnt break) went tsk tsk tsk.... and my bushy hair became shorter and shorter like heroine's skirt over the time period. Looking at the hair all over the floor, tears welled in my eyes. 'I want my hair back'... I started crying. Yet no expression from the Chinese... ok let me translate in English.. yet no expression. 'haa... I have seen a lot of kid like you' might have been her thought! my mom consoled me and took me back home. She assured that it was ok and I looked great in the short hair. So at last I had my hair cut!! habba...

Believe me... even to this day... I am so scarred to enter a parlour. While before going there I would think of several hair styles, cut, shapes, etc. the minute I sit in that swirling chair, would forget everything. Will get so scared to look at the lady (even if she is so local), my tongue will stick to the roof.... then would feebly say 'make a small U cut please!!' grrr.....

So after then I ensured to keep cutting in secrecy - not thro parlour and all... I cut them myself at home - without telling the committee. I kept cheating them saying the hair never grew. Which very often became a point of argument in the family.

Then came the villi... (opposite of villain)... my Geography maam Ms. M. I dont know why she got so furious at me... that I was always her target. She ensured to keep finding fault in me. She demanded me to grow my hair and put two plaits. So what did I do??

3 people like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Go on...this serial thriller is really Hairy! :)
    Enjoying it immensely.

3. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

hey... yenna aachchuu??????
    did u cut ur hair or not????