1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Hairy tale - 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, Aug 6, 2013.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

May not be an excellent tale as the name suggests!! But by all means, will cut the hair sorry tale shorter. :thumbsup Go on and read...

My hair is a frizzy one. Did I say frizzy? Sorry it is Frrrrizzzzeeeee... It is more like Lord Sai Baba or if you think I am insulting him, ok like Premanandha (err... dont pounce on me to put this guy's name next to your Lord :rant). It was not curly to add a beauty to me... but more of frizzy only.

When I was young evertime I sit on the floor for my mom to comb my hair, I would hear a loud sigh from her! First she would put half bottle oil in my head (bah! my dad was quizzical as to why there were always more number of hair oils in the monthly provisions list than the rest of the items!); Then she would fight to untangle my hair using the comb. Literal fight with multi armed unknown creature! Two times she got numb and have lost the combs inside my hair (My sister was the security person to search and evacuate the comb out of my hair).

Ignoring my screams in pain, my mom would continue the process with lot of scoldings like 'is this hair...' or 'look at your hair...' or 'adangapidari, unna madhiri dhan un thalaiyum' (you have to be in control first then only your hair would) :evil:; sometimes it would be just self pity 'hayyoo... i cant' or 'my hands are paining', etc. (My resident ghost brother would pass silent singals and guffaw at me!). Then with all the might and strength she had to put two plaits. She used my sister to hold them tight before she could tie the ribbon (did anyone say rubber bands? No, my school did not permit it!) By the time she would finish the left side strands, the right side strands would get tangled! And the fallen hairs on the floor would itself look so scarry! :shaking:

So it was with heavy heart (or hand?) that she let me cut my hair short. I can hear you asking how that would solve the frizziness problem. Well, her point was that at least now her hands would have some rest not to put a plait. That saved lot of time.. and energy for her.

Cutting hair, correction - women cutting their hair, in my family has (yes, still has) a lot of protocols. First whoever wants a cut has to file a petition with my Mom and Dad. In my case the 'vaadhi' (Defendant) was mom herself so she had to take the case to Dad. Dad was more like Manmohan Singh. He said a firm NO yet wanted to consider the case with Sonia Gandhi (my grandma). Madam wanted to form a committee with her husband and son. (Who wants a DIL when the family is discussing? :hide:). My grandpa was always nicer towards me. He used to appreciate me wearing Jeans and all. So he casted his vote for me. Sonia Madam was neutral and Manmohan was a firm NO still. After so much persuasion and pleading, the committee decided to postpone its decision! uh!

Did I get my hair cut??? let me continue...

14 people like this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

wow such a nice post. i am waiting to know what happened next :)

1 person likes this.
  3. chippagiri

chippagiri Bronze IL'ite

narration is too good.

1 person likes this.
  4. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

And then...??? what happened after that? did you get your hair cut? I wanna know rest of the story right now [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Haha.. Tuffy.. Very eager to read the story.. Because my hair is of the same kind that you described. Waiting for more tips from you on managing frizzy hair ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Wow tuffy. Similar to my hair! During school days mom used to have tough fight with my hair daily morning. I enjoyed putting french plait as it controlled my hair the whole day :). There was no protocol in our family to cut hair. Finally during my 9th grade finding it hard to maintain coz of its thickness, frizzy dry and also lice I cut my hair short like KKHK kajol style. Now it became totally like Premanandha. My class boys used to insert papers rockets and I cant even realize it unless or until they take it out. :hide: That time I had a crazy teacher how wanted me to plait that small hair also. So moved on to have a boy cut :thumbsup

The teacher left in a year and then I started growing hair a little longer. I was such a rebellion person that I was the only girl in the whole school to wear single plait(while the rest had to wear 2 plaits folded) and no one dared to change me.

Now all the density is gone... First lost hair when I moved to the city dust pollution then after moving to North America all density has gone in the hair. :eek:mg: I still maintain a short hair.

1 person likes this.
  7. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Oru Adanga Pidari Melethaane Aasai Vachen... hahaha... in ur case ur hair....

tuffy, this is so so so not fair... What happened next????Witsend

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Tuffyshri,

What a great sense of humor in your post. I could not control my laughter. I was able to visualize your mother struggling with your hair every day. I was also able to visualize your mother in the court room when the Jury was ready to review the case to cut the hair. I could not wait for the next version of this.

I had a long hair when I was young and my mom used to plait my hair everyday. We were two brothers at home with no sisters and hence I had long hair. When I struggle to comb my hair myself, my father used to say, "You need to be obedient in order for your hair to be obedient to you".

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thanks! Will be posting it max by today... nowadays I am getting very lazy to type and all!

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you chippagiri :)