1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A good life is a collection of happy moments

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 15, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

People might laugh when I say I wait for opportunities to attend functions so that I can exhibit my saree, the chain made by me and look the best in the function. Feel very happy when they appreciate about the saree or the chain and I proudly say its made by me. I have stopped wearing gold and wear the chain made by me. I dont buy costly beads but simple ones and make chain. There is an elderly lady selling chains with white beads where in between stone rings are there, then stone and pearl pendants with black beads, I buy from her in lots and she is also very happy and gives me with less price because I buy one dozen which costs sometimes 100 , sometimes 150 etc. When I do the boni she is very happy saying my boni is good.

Now coming the topic, last week two days there were functions. On 10th had gone for a marriage where I met Kerala Iyer forum friends of Facebook and had a lovely time. ON 12th had gone for an engagement of my office friend's son's and we knew both the boy's side and girl's side so double celebration.

Yesterday Valentine's day was celebrated out both in the morning and evening with my husband. Morning had gone for Pooja where there was homam. Thanks to Bajana Samaj who organise various poojas, music programmes etc. every month. This year is their Diamond Jubilee so we get the opportunity to listen to music and see the poojas.

Evening we had gone for a reception of my office friend's son's . When the bride and groom were entering the hall, they put off the light and two girls were holding candles both sides and colourful papers were showed on them, I forgot the name of that. The bride was looking beautiful and simple and the groom too. I had seen him some years back when he was in school and still remembered me. Was surprised to hear from the girl's mother that she has seen me somewhere. Now a days many people know me because I am active in facebook. Was very glad to meet some of our office friends and someone commented that there is no change in us and all are looking the same. I told him that is because we are young at heart and he was saying you are the youngest. All those who had come were officers and I was the only staff. Among them was Actress Vidya Balan'sfather who used to work with us. He is very simple and does not show off that he is Celebrity's father.

I have to thank my husband for taking me for these functions as allt he functions were of my friends .

2 people like this.

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

another good experience shared by maam :)
    thank you maam for sharing ur experiences wtih us

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear for making my day with your first feedback . My pleasure to share my experiences, glad you liked it

1 person likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Liked how you put it Vijima.... Very cute! :) 'Young at Heart'... Indeed! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow, Kaniths dear glad to get your feedback, thanks for gracing my thread , ya dear I am young at heart and have more of young friendswho make me feel young

1 person likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Vijima! Why say so! I do comment in ur threads....EXCEPT in marriage forums! :) I read your threads without fail vijima, may be I don't comment often but have liked almost all your threads / feedbacks...!

1 person likes this.
  7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

I love the positivity you spread, keep spreading!!

I do understand how nice it is to meet your friends after long-a collection of all the old memories once again! Thanks for sharing your happiness and the experience with your valentine. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Glad to note that you had happy moments.
    Thanks for sharing.

Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A collection of happy moments alone cannot be termed as a good life.It is from unhappy moments that we learn a lot.Actually happy moments are just passing phases between two unhappy moments.
    It is nice that you keep yourselves engaged by making chains with beads and pendants.Enjoy! enjoy! spread happiness everywhere.

jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths dear ya Iknow you comment on my threads. Glad to know you read my threads and liked my threads and feedbacks

1 person likes this.