1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Good Laugh And A Long Sleep Are The Two Best Cures For Anything.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 2, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The body needs its rest, and sleep is extremely important in any health regimen. There should be three main things: eating, exercise and sleep. All three together in the right balance make for a truly healthy lifestyle. Rohit Shetty

Sleep is very necessary to have a healthy life style. In my younger days I used to get good sleep and even if I am in someone's house when it is time to sleep I used to get good sleep. When I was working during week end I used to sleep in the afternoon after lunch. But after retirement I could not get much sleep as in younger days. Of late some days I get good sleep and some days get sleep only after 2 or 3 a.m. So next day I feel very tired and sleepy. Of late I go to take rest and sometimes get sleep only between 4 and 5 pm. I know it is not good to sleep at that time but what to do till that time I dont feel sleepy. WhenI dont get sleep int he night I think of my children and get worried. Yesterday also I didi not get sleep till 2.30 pm. or so . I was praying and in between came on line to see how my daughter is who is in London. My son has also gone on a holiday , first he went to Haridwar, then Rishikesh and from there going to Himalaya with his .friends. So was worried about him, everyday I was in touch with him through whatsapp but he said later he might not be able to keep in touch. so was worried. Luckily today morning he phoned and said he is ok not to worry. So felt better.

Beforegoing to bed I chant Hanuman chalisa. Immediately I hit the pillow the prayer comes automatically in my lips.

Now also I am tired because of no proper sleep yesterday night but still wanted to write this post. When I think of writing I cant wait and want to post immediately. Luckily by God's grace my husband does not have that problem he goes to sleep though he also gets up in between . If he is in deep sleep also if you wake him for any emergency he will get up immediately. If I am in deep sleep I dont feel like getting up.

Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together. Thomas Dekker
    Read more at: Thomas Dekker Quotes at BrainyQuote.com

sindmani, Amica, kaniths and 5 others like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Viji Maa,

Rohit setty is so right. Eat sleep and exercise in balanced way is the secret to good life. However it's really tuff to practice not because it's kit possible or we dnt have time. It's mainly because we complicate simple things and take stress over things we have no control over.
    Perks of having brain at top ! :)

Iam glad that your family is fine. It's very natural to worry when someone close goes out of sight , in this era of technology when we dnt call/wassup parents even one day , they get really worried. Esp my in laws the can't sleep if we dnt call. Sometimes it's very difficult to do that everyday ...we find that five minutes also long but when I think deeply it's just 5 minutes a day they want from seas away. Not much in reality.

You can avoid sleeping in afternoon/evening as it will help you in getting sound sleep at night. Night sleep is very important . A happy man is one who gets sound sleep. I hope you too have no trouble with it. It's every important to have sound sleep.

Years back I could sleep day and night...even now..but recently I have realized if I sleep in evening I feel really depressed on getting up. So I avoid it.

It's always great communicating with you here.
    Take care, wishing A healthy, happy and safe long life.

iyerviji, sindmani, Amica and 2 others like this.
  3. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi Aunty,
    People called blessed when they get sleep at right and required time,at the time when we retire in a day if we fall into what more we expect to have it.I am person who fall into sleep after my stomach get full.A proper sleep will give complete body rest,make us fit to work on next day.Moreover I enjoy to sleep one for rest,two for dreams. I enjoy it.sometimes after sleeping immediately I will get good dreams.

iyerviji and sindmani like this.
  4. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear VijiMa,

People say A happy person sleeps as soon as he or she hits the bed. But sometimes as we age our sleep patterns change. Avoid sleeping late evening that's why you are unable to sleep at night. And don't worry much for anything, and don't use cell phones or computers atleast half to an hour before going to bed, because these factors hinder our sleep. Our mind should think of happy thoughts, and stay calm. And any chanting helps too. Or meditation, it makes you sleep right away. Evening walk, a glass of warm milk, also helps. Take care AMMA! I enjoy sleeping, when upset I hit the bed, and happily sleep forgetting everything. I meditate always before I sleep. I love to dream. I love to keep sleeping....like Mahavishnu in parkadal! Keep well!

iyerviji and sindmani like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry very much Ashima dear, dont know how I missed replying to the feedbacks. Actually I was busy attending function and my husband's cataract operation was there yesterday. I had posted other threads also but forgot to reply. Very sorry

You are right dear. I also worry sometimes too much. Last week my son had gone for trecking to Himalaya, first he went to Haridwar, Rishikesh and Gangotri and from there , since from there we cant contact. Luckily he had phoned so I was relieved. He had planned this trip long back so could not cancel.

I also want to avoid sleeping in the afternoon but I feel tired and feel sleepy so sleep for sometme. Glad you like to communicate with me. Thanks for your loving feedback. Thanks for your good wishes

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for the late reply Ratna dear, somehow missed giving reply. Glad to know you get sleep when your stomach is full and also you get good dreams

RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry for the late reply Latha dear. When I was young I also used to sleep immediately but now after ageing sometimes dont get sleep. I chant Hunuman chalisa before going to sleep. Glad you get sleep when you are upset

8. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi aunty
    Please never convey sorry aunty,it happens in busy schedule, I understand that, I am very younger to appreciate your talent efforts, you well manage everything.your great inspirer,your simplicity is great may be that bonds with all.
    You fly like a bird at success,you will be back to nest to start your journey to fly again to same height.
    I hope my lines are clear I mean after success also you never show your greatness,you lead your life at simplicity.
    I don't know personally but when I read your post I understand your feelings.
    I don't know what past relationship we had in previous life,we all are connected in this life in IL.Thank you for concern reply. take care aunty.
    Ratna Malliswari.

KashmirFlower likes this.