1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Genius In the Making: The First Two Years

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by lakshmi13, Nov 13, 2011.

1. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Editor's Note: Dear lakshmi13,thank you so much for sharing this post with us. For viewership by a larger audience we have it as an article here.

2. MahaB13

MahaB13 Gold IL'ite

thanks lakshmi, a wonderful article..

3. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

4. maya23

maya23 New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    Its an awesome post. Can u give ur mail id so that I can contact u through mail.

5. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

why this thread is not active.
    this is such an eye opener thread. and all the major concern of todays parents are covered very nicely here.
    today i got max answer to all my unanswered questioned.
    @lakshmi13 thank you dear...u rock girl. wish i could be atleast 10 of ur organised schedule...

6. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Its been really long since I posted and continued this thread. My mistake. Loss of spouse, birth of a second child (I was six months pregnant when the loss happened), conflicts in the family, transfer to a new place in search of peace, and isolating my children from negativity, were few of the reasons.

When I started this thread, little did I know that whatever I did for my elder child would help so many of my lovely friends out here. And yes, thanks to all IL friends who continued this thread in my absence. I also thank IL for considering my post worthy enough to be included as an article as well.

I am back and in case I vanish again, you can contact me via myonestopdestination@gmail.com

When I had initially written, I had spoken of providing opportunities to kids with both parents alive. In this post, I wish to bring out that a single parent can ensure that there is a Genius in the Making. My second daughter, now two and half, is an active toddler about to go to school and my elder daughter, then four and half and now seven and half, is now in Class II. Both my girls are strong, respect their dead father for what he was when alive and love the fact that their mother doesnt let them yearn for a father who can never come back

They way my kids are now growing up, I can blindly say that it only takes a little bit of personal time and involvement by either both or one parent, to ensure that their Baby Genius remains a Genius for life

Loads of love to all mothers and hugs to babies.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Dearest Friends of mine,

Life, they say, is funny. One never knows where it takes us, how things will shape up. I for one, had my own battles to fight. And I had to take a sabbatical to regain my control over my sanity. Widowhood is not easy, especially when there are loads of unanswered questions in mind. I badly needed my answers. Yes, its been a pretty loooooong break but a rejuvenating one for me. My initial post made it to an article and am feeling so happy that it is helping out many of my friends.

Well, I am back and until I am sent back to yet another godforsaken place, I am here for good. My girls are grown up. My elder one is now 10 and the younger one is 5. So have I been a good mum initially and a good mum dad later for them? Well, they have accepted not having a martyred father living with them and outperforming their classmates with a strong EQ and spirit to live life. They have learnt to cope up and empathise. They have learnt to be silent yet strong pillars of support to children who suffer their fate. They are growing up to be independent, emotionally and mentally strong, focused, helpful, cheerful and ever smiling children (They do breakdown at times and my telling that its okay to vent out helps them feel better!). I think I have done a fairly good job.

I am willing to keep this thread alive now for the sake of my children because if whatever I did to help nurture the genius in them has proved constructive as they turn five and ten years respectively, I would love to share with my friends here.

Love
    Lakshmi

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@lakshmi13

Sorry to hear about your personal loss and struggle. I am new to IL and saw your thread today n what a learning experience it was to read your wise n balanced answers to child psychology related queries! May God bless you and your daughters with all that you desire.

9. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Dearest Geeta,

Thank you so much. Its words like yours that keep me going in life :).

Love
    Lakshmi

GeetaKashyap likes this.