1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Friendship Revived

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sride, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Sride

Sride Bronze IL'ite

Recently i was at a event where i was issued a vip lounge access. A colleague of mine insisted i visit the lounge for a coffee. I was waiting for the waitress to handover my coffee when i heard a hello.
    Assuming he was addressing the waitess, i did not respond.
    Dont you respond to a hello , he asked turning to me. I looked weirdly and said hello and he asked for my name. He was a senior citizen so told my name . He continued " i saw a bright smile under the mask, so wished you". " thank you"
    We exchanged few pleasantries and he turned out to be an old acquaintance of my boss. We bade good bye after the coffee.
    This incident reminded of a friend from my past. We were working on the same floor at a business center. I used to see him in the elevator and he always smiled and wished me. Being a reserved person, i would not acknowledge his presence.
    One day he asked me in a louder tone, why dont you respond ? " I dont know you:, replied I.
    But how will you know me if you dont talk. Why should i know you? " Next day he wished me again and after little hesitstion, i said hello.
    And that hello led us into a wonderful friendship. We spoke everyday since then. Well most of the days he spolke and i listened. He shared a lot about his life, the girls he met and his business venture. He regaled and made me smile. His mother was seeking matrimonial alliances for him and he used to meet the girls and we used to have a hearty laugh at his experieneces.
    Few months later, we moved to different countries and life took us on our paths.
    Years later, i was reminded of him when i met an ex colleague. I searched on social media and was glad to find him. I sent him a message and he responded well
    Little did I know that he had forgotten me completely. When we exchanged few messages, I was puzzled the way he answered at times.
    So one day i asked him ," do you remember me?" and then he told me about a head injury from an accident few years ago. He forgot many things and our friendship was one. I was disappointed but was glad he survived and faced the challenges with a gusto.
    He started playing sports and took part in competitions. I was happy to know he was inspiring people around him.
    Recently I reached out to him to discuss a situation I encountered. We spoke for a whille.
    I received a message post the call. It read, " I know why we would have been friends and I assure that I will be here if you need anything".
    Felt like I revived a worthy friendship.
    ------ Sri

joylokhi, Thyagarajan, Mistt and 4 others like this.

2. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Good read! Thanks for sharing this here.

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Nice to read your revived friendship and I believe in a good/ true friendship exists forever. Sometimes, I ask above quoted question to a friend. :smile:

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Response of @sln & @sri are merged into the highlighted quite at #3.
    I enjoyed reading their responses.