1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A fresh and happy start today, feeling good and blessed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 16, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

For South Indians Amavasya means Nirainja naal. Before the end of the day I feel happy because the start of the day was good. Morning as usual cooked , did archana to Ganeshji, my maid said she is not coming so sweeped and swabbed the front room and kitchen. My husband did tharpanam and took his parent's blessings. After archana I showed kalpuram and took God's my husband's and parent's and in laws blessings. Was very happy when I got a call from my son

Then we went to Ganeshji temple. I thought by the time I reach the temple the aarti would have started and I wont be able to take 3 pradakshinam. My husband had gone before because I had to go the bank. Luckily I went before time, no time to wait for aarti as I had to go to the bank in West. Took an auto and went to the bank. I know my daughter's school friend there and her father is my husband's good friend. I was about to go when she called me saying she wanted to congratulate me . But she thought I am so and so's mother , then only she came to know that she had mistaken. She always talks to me and is very lively. She has an attractive face and always smiling. Then she told me to give my daughter's number and I gave also my number. Felt happy talking to her

Usually we buy vegetables from West as the price is less there. We lead a simple life and buy vegetables which are cheap. You might laugh if I say we buy vegetables which we get for Rs.10 a kilo. Then the vegetables which they keep in a heap and it is only Rs.5/- . For both of us it is enough. They are good only not bad. So today I got Potato for Rs.10/- a kilo, cabbage small one for Rs.5/-. Then my favourite vegetables Small and big Brinjal, Bhendi , Cheppangizangu and mango to put pickle each for Rs.5/-. Buying these vegetables only I felt as if I have made a yummy dish. Though the weight of the vegetables was more my heart was full that I bought my favourite vegetables. Then I took an auto from there and came home. I was very careful while climbing the steps because the bag was heavy for me and I should not fall. Luckily I had not to open the door as my husband had already come and he opened the door when I rang thebell. He carried the vegetables and when he saw the mangoes , he was saying oh good you bought magoes, I was thinking of telling you to buy mangoes for pickles and good you have bought. I told him ya you thought thats why I bought.

Has not the day started good for me, manam nirandhu irukku

5 people like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi viji maami,
    myself also came back after going to bank, and as usual before my grandson comes from school, thought to check out IL. Nice to read of your day and the pleasure you feel and convey so nicely in doing anything.

1 person likes this.
  3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Good Morning mam

It s real pleasure to ready your way of simple writing. Very happy for you and feel good about the way your day started today. Honestly ,after reading , a smile and energy spreads in me. For me too the day has started well with your snippet.:) ..

Wish you a warm Happiness for all the days to come.

1 person likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Vijiamma,

Soooo happy to read your post after a very long time. Your has been wonderful and mango pickle is making my mouth water just thinking about it.
    Have a great day amma :)

1 person likes this.
  5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

iyervii very nice write-up. it is true that if you start your day good and in positive way your whole day will be same.
    though i know this i wake up as :spin...ki got late and rush for all daily work and office.

sometime at night only i decide that in morning i will wake up my DD early and will get ready early to avoid all last minute rush. i get successful very rarely but on that day my days goes :wow

i will try my best to start day with everyone's blessings...specially god..thanks for such positive article

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

joylokhi dear glad to get your first fb and to know that you checked and IL and was happy to read my post. Glad you liked my post,

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sangeeta dear for your compliments. Glad I could bring a smile on your face with my post and to know that your day also started well.All the best and have a nice evening.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Akila dear glad to seeyou here, how are you. Glad you liked my post and to know mango pickle is making your mouth water , who does not like mango pickle . Thanks for your wishes , wish you too a anice evening

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Katochsimi dear welcome to mu thread glad you liked my post. We feel fresh if we get up early and do all thework , glad your days go well when you get up early. All the best to get up early everyday

1 person likes this.
  10. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

@iyerviji: For the past week I found real life boring and buried myself in novels. Today morning I woke up feeling restless and completely out of touch with reality soaked in imaginary world. Your post was a mood changer or rather mood uplifter. It shows how simple day to day activities can look beautiful and meaningful.

I am now inspired to keep a dairy and take note of all things happening in my life. mademydaysmiley:thankyou2:

2 people like this.