1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A few inspiring movies!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ranganayaki, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

At some or most points, we may be looking for inspirations or ideas to better our lives and thoughts:idea. While I need motivation to pick up my book and study, I managed to watch these movies on DVD in the recent past. I listed the exceptionally good ones and I’m not bothered by how they did in the box office, because the content or the message was truly worth. You probably have seen all or most of them, let me know your thoughts.

Invictus : Nelson Mandela bringing South Africa together, he gives people a reason to overlook color/race through rugby. This true story is all about one man’s idea as to how to stitch a torn nation that segregate strongly by color/race. He wants to create the sense of humanity and love for his country. He strongly believes in the nation’s rugby team to win the world championship and they do so. While they portray Mandela’s intelligence, they also show his humility and respect for every single individual he works with.

Extraordinary Measures:I did not know the existence of Pompe disease until I watched this movie. I was so touched to learn the true story of a father fighting for the life of his 2 children diagnosed with pompe disease. He went on to find a professor who possibly had the most practical idea of saving lives from pompe and went on to establish a company that would produce a drug to cure the genetic disease. His belief turned out to be a true miracle. The story goes to say never give up!

Pursuit of Happyness: This movie was very touching. It tells us the story of a rags-to-riches father who fights every moment to take care of his son with frugal income after his wife gives up on him. He couldn’t even assure his son of shelter and payment of his dues but one fine day he aspires to be a stock broker. He uses his personality and sales techniques to earn a job as a broker and from there on there was no looking back. This person today is a multi millionaire. This one definitely teaches us to value the money that we probably take for granted.

The Blindside: A well-to-do family cannot think of a reason to not adopt a homeless kid whose mother is unable to support him and change her lifestyle. A big kid who’s exceptionally good with football is a little disturbed and depressed as he wonders where he would find shelter when his step mom wants him out. At such a situation comes a friend’s mom to allow him to take shelter for a night or two and extends to foster care. It brings you happiness while getting a glimpse of how this changes all their lives for the better. This movie is probably asking you how much more can you do and is there a limit.

I am probably missing one or 2 movies that I wanted to add here, but do share the movies that inspired you!:thumbsup

2. TomAndJerry

TomAndJerry Bronze IL'ite

Good list Ranganayaki. Thank you.
    Also nice username you have? Is it ispired by the Kannada movie Ranganayaki??