1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Dog's Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 23, 2021.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Love me love my dog, but love my twice-born dog?
    Yeah, twice-born, I mean Brahmin. Before your Brahmin sensibilities bristle, I am not calling Brahmins dogs as that would mean flattering that community, which includes yours truly, a wee bit too much. What I am saying is a dog in Tamil Nadu has been elevated to the level of a Brahmin.
    Sounds crazy? Yep, we are living in crazy times. The dog’s owners performed the upanayana ceremony on the dog as its owner whispered the Gayatri Mantra in its ear and bestowed it with a “sacred thread”.
    I suspect that the poor pooch is in a world of difficulties. Now, will the owner feed non-veg dog food to his pet? Will the pet pooch be polluted if it comes into contact with other dogs and will it have to be given a bath to purify it?
    Now the poor dog is probably doomed to spend its life as a celibate as it won’t know the caste of prospective mates and there is no service called Brahmindogmatrimony.com.
    Now even if the owners manage to find a Brahmin partner for their beloved mutt, how will the dog tie the mangalsutra at the wedding ceremony?
    You can’t even imagine what crazy things people blinded by affection for their dogs do. There was this nawab of a town called Jamnagar in Gujarat who organized a lavish no-expense-spared wedding ceremony for his dogs. The photographs of this ceremony can still be found in the Jamnagar museum in which you can see the bride bedecked with jewels from top to toe. Ugh!
    We are living in crazy and even dangerous times. You have to go about respectfully with regard to some animals. Somewhere in a house in Uttar Pradesh, the Bhagavat Gita was read to a cow! I am sure it was moosic to its ears.
    The gentle bovine in recent times has become a source of danger. Two guys were arrested under the draconian National Security Act (NSA) for questioning the power of cowdung g to heal COVID 19.. Gomata ki jai!!!!!

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I may add that dogs are in good state of life in India. A Manglik girl or for that matter any girl whose stars are not favorable for marriage is first married to a dog as if that cleans all bad omens. Such girls are also married to Pipal Tree. A brahmin dog will be more suitable, is not it?

Thyagarajan and Balajee like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

When I had a dog I was instructed to not feed the dog it's favorite food - bones. C'mon. Dogs are classic examples of "Omnivorous creatures" And it's natural for them to eat what they are supposed to eat.
    I went against my parents , brought her what she loves and what she's supposed to eat only to get scoldings. Then we made terrace our non veg eating centre. I took my dog there and fed her what she loves..Giving "Paal saadham" (Rice n milk) is not acceptable and my parents scolded me that brahmana veetu naayikku chicken kudukarai (Meaning I'm feeding chicken to a brahmin dog) .

I tell them and more to myself that we will progress if we stop all this casteism .. But this is taken to a next heights that dog is a brahmin n is supposed to eat the sober curd/milk rice.

Thyagarajan, umaakumar, Roar and 2 others like this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

:roflmao:

Balajee and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

That is interesting, it is the first time I have heard of it.

6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

@Anusha2917 true!, it was a sneaky affair to bring chicken eggs to them.

Interesting read that religion not leaving even dogs alone.
    Its not just dogs... in a village; they married 2 frogs as the wanted rain and since they married them, it poured out in lorries so they had to divorce the frogs....so much of a happy married life to that couple :shakehead:

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

we had a pomerarian who was with us for nearly 15 years. we being strict brahmins especially when it comes to food, we fed her only milk rice, curds, biscuit varieties and a little later on started giving her ready made dog food, which i suppose could contain non veg stuff. This way we felt we didnt go against our practices to the extent feasible and she grew up to be a wonderful pet and for all purposes, part of family!

Thyagarajan, Anusha2917 and Roar like this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Do they have to match the dog's and bride's horoscopes? And if the castes are not the same, will the "groom " be ostracized by his homo sapiens kin?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021
    HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Day is not far off for weddings of dog & bitch celebrated in space for which air India flights would be chartered.
    This news could be a fake or it must be the handy work of some Brahmin haters planting such stories.

We have heard of a marriage with Jennie donkey first and then regular marriage with groom. This is supposed to remove certain evil planetary influences and if not done the the wife through first marriage would die! Now dogs too can be elevated to mix with religion and accord status.

But dogs in English Literature have elevated status. There are around thirty idioms in standard use.
    But then I am confused why pages of book curled are known as dog eared.

Two dogs were in conversation. One was standing outside the closed iron grill gate. The one inside the bungalow is fortunate with five star comfort & the one standing outside is stray or street dog.

The fortunate one was telling that I have all the luxuries but need company of a bitch and why the other should not join him in. The stray dog was looking sharp at the other said “ no doubt. You are enjoying luxurious stay with your boss but what is that around your neck?”

The one from inside the bungalow proudly responded they are my my leash and license . Stray dog now reacted saying, “ oh my god! You are chained and controlled. Certainly am not for it. I enjoy full freedom which is close to my heart! “

Balajee likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You wouldnm't believe it but my late lan had very evolved tastebuds. Jimmy loved croissants and coffee! And mind you, she would eat croissants from one high-end shop i Delhi's upmarket Khan market area! And it was always filtered coffee from my morning cuppa and there was no question of her touching instant coffee If we bought her favorit treat from a low-end bakry she would refuse to touch it. Feeding non-veg to dogs shouldn't be a problem. nowadaus. You get it in pellet form that looks like seedai.. Chicken as chicken is a problm but not as seedais.

joylokhi, Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.