1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Dieing Man on the Road

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vinoran,

Lets hope that this is the last of such cases.And god give his family courage.

and with what face will his collegues go and show their face to the family.Shameful.Regards.kamal

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Whatever you said abt the USA is very true, but I had also stayed in India for a fair no. of years, I had seen people rushing to the spot if something happens, they never wait for the police to come unlike USA. I had seen several incidents in my family where my FIL was taken to the hospital by unknown people and then the family members were informed abt the accident and also I, myself was a victim of this kind of road mishap.
    And, can you deny from the fact that the media always give hype to news otherwise nobody will read those, they just make the title eye-catching, so that you will read it.......
    If this kind of situation happened some where then other news paper should report this kind of news, you can compare with them..................
    And Kamalji, its a good write up from your part, whatever you said is very true about humanity, and really people don't care for even family members and rush to their work place due to work pressure.......
    Even, this is true for myself also, my hubby has a small surgery in sinus but I could not get leave of two days as there was nobody in my department, so the very next day, I had to go to my work, OK, I came back early, but see.......Even our relatives knew these things and they don't demand our help and care.....
    Good post Kamalji.

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kamalji - When I was in school in Chennai, I remember one morning on my way to the bus stop, we saw what looked like a big watermelon. It was a gory scene that I will never forget. As we walked further we noticed it was the head of a man that had been severed from his body which lay a few meters away. His moped was lying elsewhere. Buses and cars drove by for more than an hour with people looking around, but no sign of the police or medicos. Next day I learnt from the papers that the man was on his way to work and had been run down by a bus.

The incident you have written about is very sad. "Why should I care?" - that is what runs in most people's mind. What you said is right - it's a dog eat dog world.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meetaji,

Thank u for yr kind comments.

Yes like u said, it can be true, that newspapers have to put masala to make their newspapers spicy,and i am just a reader, who goes by what is written.

I mean if this is true, then this is a sad case.God knows the truth.

Look at the sting operation on a TV channel last fortnight.A teacher ,Uma Khanna, was said to be luring the school girls into prostitution.She was dragged by her hair by the public and shown on TV and spent a week behind bars, her ruputation in taters.Now they have come to know that it was all false,and someone had a grudge against her.

The poor teacher,Uma, what face she is going to show to the society at large.She must be having her own children, what must they have gone thru.

So we dont really know what they print or show, is true or not, we get taken in.

Thanks so much and keep visiting my site.Thanks and regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

thank u for yr comments.

Yes it is a dog eat dog scenerio.Meeta commented if the news paper reported correctly.Now a days even i am beginning to doubt many things.But if this is true that the collegues recognized the victim and left him to die, then it is a very bad case.

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    What you are talking about is true. If the news is true, then the people on the scene should be blamed, leave alone the collegues.
    I hope you read the law passed by the Supreme Court that the person who helps the victim to get into the hospital is not liable in any case and it is the hospital's duty to inform the police and look into other formalities.
    if this is implemented in full swing, at least some people will be helping the victim without fearing for any legal troubles.
    Hope humane feelings don't come to an end.
    Sriniketan

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri ji,

If that law is passed, it will be wonderful.

Sometimes i have a story idea regarding these incidents.

Suppose a guy who does not have money, just for the fun goes for a test ride of an expensive car of say 15 lakhs.

He sees a bleeding man on the roads,and would like to take him to the hospital,but the seats will be stained with blood and he would have to then buy the car, for which he has no money.

What is he suppsoed to do ????????

A thorny question perhaps.Wish the readers could give an idea.

Thanks and regards.kamal

8. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

i am shocked at the behaviour of his colleagues! how could they be so heartless! life is precious. once its lost, it can never be brought back. targets can be met and re-met in life....how could money matter so much to a person to ignore his dying friend? Money is controlling man now.

how could a reply come from some1 here that its the legal hassels that is preventing us from helping a dying man?? this is the attitude that must have made the dying man's colleagues pass him by without helping him. i feel sorry for such people who respond like this!!!!

i am really shocked!!!!

I would never leave a dying man like that be it a stranger or some1 known to me.

once i found a new born kitten lying on the road. it had been run over by a car and it was bleeding. I was getting late for my classes. i rushed it to a vet nearby (i found out where the vet lived and walked as fast as i cud). The vet checked it and told me it wud die as it has been bleeding for a long time. I still urged him to try and rescue it. i forgot about my classes. next day, when i went to collect the kitten, the vet said it had died. i was depressed the whole day.

Each life is precious. there is nothing in the world more precious than life. and we need to treat life with respect. i hope every1 who reads this message will learn to help others even if it means dealing with the red tape of the government.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Jayaji,

Clap Clap.wonderful waht u did for the stray injured cat, wish there wre so many more like u.

Jayaji, the red tape puts us off, so helping strangers we get scared.

But what about the collegue or the neighbour ? Surely we can help him or her ?Or just let the person be run over again by another vehicle, and bleed to death ?

what does one say ?Regards.kamal

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I got this mail forwarde from one of the forums... I thought it will be very useful in light of this topic....

Please pass on to as many people as you can, so that people can come out of the ignorance, and try to help / save a person...

Right to Emergency Care:
    Date of Judgment: 23/02/2007.
    Case No.: Appeal (civil) 919 of 2007.
    The Supreme Court has ruled that all injured persons especially in the case of road traffic accidents, assaults, etc., when brought to a hospital / medical centre, have to be offered first aid, stabilized and shifted to a higher centre / government centre if required. It is only after this that the hospital can demand payment or complete police formalities. In case you are a bystander and wish to help someone in an accident, please go ahead and do so. Your responsibility ends as soon as you leave the person at the hospital. The hospital bears the responsibility of informing the police, first aid, etc.
    Please do inform your family and friends about these basic rights so that we all know what to expect and what to do in the hour of need. Please not only go ahead and forward, use it too!!!!

Trust, this will be useful for all.....

Veda