1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Dieing Man on the Road

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Dieing Man on the Road

I read a sad story of a 25 year old IT Techie,moved down on the roads of Calcutta, where he bled to death during office hours, as he was going to office.He bled to death as nobody came to his rescue.

His collegues passed him by, on the way to their office, saw and recognized him as their collegue,but they did not want to be late and miss their work targets.Maybe they need to meet targets and make more money,to pay of the house and other loans that they have taken for 20 years, so what if they have to leave their collegue bleeding to death.It was his bad luck,not theirs, thought everyone.He was lying there bleeding, and was run over a second time,as no one came to pick him up and move him to the side.The guy who called 100, also went away.This guy just got run over twice,and bled to death

Now just imagine this scenerio from the bystanders eyes.They see someone bleeding but dont recognise him.they go away as they have a target to meet.what if the guy who saw the body and did nothing, later found out in the evening, that it was his son,daughter or brother lying there ?What would he feel ?And this was the idea i sent Rrakhee, and unfortunatly this same thing has happened.this time it is not parents , but his own collegues who sit and work with him,and have coffee and joke with him, left him to bleed to death,and getting run over again.

What is the world coming to .Dog eat Dog ?Has humanity disappeared from us?Have we turned worse than animals ?All for a few Rupees more ?Was this fellow not someone's son,brother, husband ? What happened to him today, could very well have happened to his collegues.What must have passed thru that poor fellow's mind, as he lay bleeding.His brains was still intact.Remembering his near and dear ones, wishing they come and help him.with the corner of his eyes, he may have seen dozen's of his collegues go past,and with imporing eyes requesting them to help him,and seeing them go past ?What must have been his last consious thoughts ?

I am very sad to read this.Normally i read and move on.But his being hit again by a second vehicle and his collegues passing him by,made my eyes moist.Is this what life teaches us.To let someone die,but we must not miss the chance to make a few hundred bucks, as the client is waiting to take the policy from me ?Has money made us lose our sanity ?God knows who has the answers.

I hope somebody does something,tommorrow it could be anyone's loved one bleeding and dieing on the roads.Amen.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

U literally made me cry..... I cant imagine that one of my friend or collegue has met with an accident and bleeding, leave him on the road..... No...

I still remember, I met with a major Car accident here on the way to the office... All my collegues were coming one after the another.... The all parked their vehicles and the whole lane was bloked for some time.... Though I narrowly escaped only just with a pulled muscle..... I was immediately take to the hospital etc... Here if they dont mark their attendence at the appropriate time they will lose the whole salary for the day...

I cant understand the people...... Money is part of life.... But that is not life.... Will they ever get back the friend... collegue.... Sorry, I couldnt digest that....

Veda

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

Yet another heart rending incident.

Humanity seems to have disappeared in thin air. Luckily here his colleagues were honest enough to say that they had to meet the targets. Otherwise the lame excuse is we don't want to get stuck with the legal system.

This is also so true that the legal system in India is so very unfriendly that people are shying away from it.

Two & two put together the poor insaan who has met with the accident bleeds to death ..hoping that someone may tend to him.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I understand that the legal system in India is so unfriendly.... But how can you allow your collegue down there.....

Dont ask me if it is an unknown person can we leave him..... Atleast there we can understand the legal complications... But of all the things... they are thinking in terms of targets...... Will they not meet the deceased persons family... With what face... A big Wreath and golden words from the company is not going to bring him back.....

When the insaniyat is lost, should we call these people Insan still......

Veda

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Its so pathetic that in a city of some millions, there was none to help this guy and lately he has to die........
    Oh my god..........
    Until now I used to tell that if you will have some road mishap in USA, everybody will call 911 and will not touch the victim untill police came but in India, everybody were so co-operative that they will carry the victim to the hospital by themselves without caring abt their time and sometimes money......
    But probably this news was manipulated by the reporters........
    A man was hit by a vehicle and when thrown away to some distance another vehicle with full speed must have run over him........And about the friends story, who will tell this to the reporters, the frd or the deadly soul.......
    I sometimes feel these reporters can make a mighty mountain out of a molehill.......
    I still can't not believe the truth of this news as being an Indian myself and being victimised by an accident on the road in India, I can't accept this at all.
    Take care.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji
    very sad to read the article. i'm hoping that we have not lost humanity altogether. i would prefer to think this is an isolated incident. if you have been reading the newspapers regularly is it your thought that this is an isolated incident?

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,
    I consider myself a tough person, who dosnt cry, but this article moved me to tears.This could have been me or you.And what yr collegues did for u, letting go of a days pay is something commendable.Thanks God u have good collegues.

Where has humanity gone Veda, i wonder.Regards.kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Roopaji,

Yes i wonder where has humanity disappeared.Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

how right u are.With what face will the collegues face the family ?Yes how can we call them insaans anymore ?How can they get sleep ever.Regards.kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meetaji,

At least in usa,the ambulance will reach in 5 mins,and give the help to the victim.Here u lie bleeding,police will do nothing even if they come.Tehre is no value for life here,and the passerby's the less said the better.Amnimals really.Regards.kamal