1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

A Desi Mom!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Feb 2, 2012.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the tomato rasam toast Vishuni :bowdown and your kind words.

2. meenasankaran

You must be right Kelly. Desi Moms are a universal phenomenon, I think. Regardless of where we live geographically, we are all the same. If I were mathematically inclined, I would try to come up with a formula for Desi moms but unlucky for you all, I skipped school the days they taught Math. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. meenasankaran

Thank you for that lovely, crisp comment Soumedh. I am glad you enjoyed the plight of a Desi mom. :)

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

:rotflhilarious...:rotfl Desi or not... MOMS are same everywhere !!! I have my daughter rolling her eyes in exasperation often at one of my MOMisms that you mention here !!!

5. meenasankaran

Dear Sri Uncle,
    Your words simply rocked me. I don't know what to say except 'thank you'. :bowdown So happy I was at reading your comment that I even decided to overlook your 'elephant' reference. I may have a very slight resemblance to one Uncle but did you have to say it loud in a public forum? :biggrin2:

The story of the South Indian wife hit just a little too close to home for my comfort. Rajinikanth obsession, K.Srikanth as the most loved cricketer, singing with cousins......spooky to find myself fitting so neatly into a generalization.

I will be sure to stick around atleast for a little while this time Uncle. :) Thanks again for that wonderful welcome.

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey meenu,

A hearty welcome back:) now make sure that you stay here.we missed your cheerful presence here A LOT.

Hmm, I just returned from a trip back home and my daughter had a LOT to say on how I had stuck to the desi mom image while our Desh had actually changed.

Ha! Those mother daughter dos and don't dos........ I could write volumes on that.:)

1 person likes this.
  7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena ma'am,
    I am a fan of your humorous snippets....:).many in Tamil......This one is no less than them all......:thumbsup
    Completely relished the post.....:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Desi Mom, sorry Meena,

HAHA. what a lovely post this is, right from the top of yr head, going right in my head too. Well i am a desi pop, i agree with all that, that no ciggies liquor, but that is for the child, while it is good for me.HAHA

But being in america , one is more paranoid for things are so open there, unlike here, but with the coming of internet, well everything is known here, and i guess there is nothing desi about being concerned about the welfare of kids, specially daughters. And this lecture goes on in evfery house.HAHA

superb one really, and glad to have u back after a long long time, do come more often, ther eis fun element with u around.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  9. meenasankaran

Thank you Prana.

I got carried away with my non-virtual life for a change Prana. :)

10. meenasankaran

Thank you getstrngth. Glad to see such patriotism in fellow Desis. Makes me want to stand up and sing our anthem. Jai Hind! :)