A delightful culinary treat !

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by mach108, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

My life time ambition of publishing a Cookery Book, consolidating my learning and practicing experience in culinary practices has now been fulfilled by publication of my book: “RECIPIES FROM MACH’S KITCHEN” by the prestigious publishers : M/S Vikatan Books, Chennai.

The book encompasses 132 recipies , fully illustrated with impress colour photographs. Recipies include sweets, salads, soups, rice dishes, side dishes, gravies , payasam, pachadi, thugayal, chutney, tiffin varieties, pickles and wound up with Deepavali Legium !

The idea of writing this book dawned in my mind after watching the present generation youngsters who live abroad or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place>, away from their parents and longing to taste traditional food, prepared by their own efforts.

Let me have the pleasure of inviting you to peruse this publication, practice the recipies you are not familiar with and offer your valuable comments.

I am happy to state that this is the FIRST English language book on cookery, published by the reputed M/S Vikatan Books, Chennai.

MANIMEKALAI CHELLIAH (mach)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009

2. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Manimekalai Madam,

Congratulations on your achievement. I can imagine your pleasure of seeing your dream come true in print. Hats off to you. Is your book available in all book stores. let us know. I am sure people like me could use it.

Jothi.

3. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Dear Jothi:
    Thanks for your compliments. The book is currently available in Anantha Vikatan
    Book Stall at Chennai Book Exhibition. Later, it should be available in all leading
    Book Stores.
    Manimekalai Chelliah

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mach,

How nice to see you back again posting in IL! Still remember the lovely pictures you had drawn. Great to know about your cookery book. Will surely get a copy and wait for the day to get it autographed by you. And all prayers for the book to reach many.

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mach

Congratulations! Great reason to write that book in English. I should own a copy and have it handy!! ;-)

All the best for more successes like this!

Cheers
    Jenz

6. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Madam,

Wonderful to know that your life time ambition is achieved.All the best in all your future endeavours too!

Regards,

Abha.

7. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

Dear Mach..

Congrats on the same yaar :)

Can i ask u .. i dont know if i can ask this..
    for people like us who are not chennaites can u plz make the book available online in pdf format or something so that we all can have a glance of it ..

Cheers for the book.. very proud of u !! Congrats once again

8. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Dear Vidya:

Thank you for your compliments and encouragement. I am sure we would meet
    one of these days somewhere.

9. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

10. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Dear Abha: Thank you for your gesture.