A Day Without Indusladies !

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Chitvish, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello folk,

Hello hello....long time no see:)

Yes, it does feel like a long time although it was only one day that IL server was down.
    Like many of you, even I thought it was my computer which was playing up. I already have some network probs and I thought now it has totally given up!
    Thanks to Laxmi, Jey and Malathy, atleast we were not left in lurch and were kept informed about the problems.
    Funnily enough, for a fraction of a minute, I could log on, but not log off?! So, there I was, down with the IL and out of sight and also came back with it!!
    I feel it was a good thing too that this happened. When we have access, we just take it for granted. Now was a chance to realise what we really miss when we do not have IL.
    There is always some hidden truth to learn from everything I guess.
    Ok, no more time, I have to get busy and read up on all the posts:)

L, Kamla

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Me too i thought problem was with my laptop.....but later realised it could be IL,.....and my daughter and hubby were glad and i was feeling frustrated, and kept asking what went wrong!
    Of course my daughter immediately gabbed the laptop and started watching a movie....my laptop has a big screen !
    And i could not log on to recipe section too to cook sopmething special for her and told her that i am lost as a cook witout IL!And they have to put up with my mediocre cooking!:tongue
    My my what would i do if IL was not there for me everyday.....go MAD!
    Thankd Malathy and Jey for having set right the technical problem so soon!:2thumbsup:

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear IL ites,

Like you all, i too am glad that IL is up and running without any major issues. Thank god for that . We have a treasure trove of information here and it would have been a great calamity if something had happened to it.

With all the recent brick bats that IL has been receiving, i feel that this site down time has" dristhi kazhichified" IL and now we can move on to more glorious things.
    Yesterday was bad for me too without IL. I kept recalling this quote in card i saw once:

" There is a saying OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND, YOU ARE OUT OF MY SITE AND I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND" I think this aptly sums up all of our feelings for a day without IL.

Vandhana

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

When I could not access IL, I immediately assumed that there is a problem with my PC and internet. But as the day trudged, I realised the server was down. I missed IL, missed my friends, missed logging in everytime I had a spare moment. I guess now I will cherish IL more. Thanks to Malathy, Laxmi, Jey and all those who got IL up and about again.

love around
    Vidya

5. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi!

It's great to see that IL is back in action. Thanks to the tech team for that.

A day without IL i'm sure, made us all realise how much we love & cherish IL. From my side, i missed IL & my day was definitely boring & lonely without it.

Like Chithra ma'am says, it's a healthy addiction.

Welcome back & keep it going IL. :mrgreen:

Cheers!
    Ragini.

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

I am soo happy to see back IL in full action,thanks to Malathy and Jay.I really missed IL and all you friends.Like Chitra said yes it's a healthy adiction.

love,
    mohana.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    After 5 days of vacation i was back yesday and eagerly logged into IL right from 7PM IST and was unable to get it. Got the database error... i thought it was a problm with my system and logged out and tried to login atleast 25 times till 12 midnight hoping to get into IL. Futile efforts.... disappointed i went to sleep and told my hubby that i'm feeling bad tat i cant browse thro IL.

He consoled me saying it may be technical problem and will be ok tomm...

Today i eloped in joy wen i logged in to IL......WOW :yes:

What a dread ful evening without IL.. literally went mad.. and no mood to cook dinner yesday.....

Thank you moderators and administrators for getiing the site up and running.

8. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Hi all !
    Although i'm a new member here and have joined only few days back i still felt that i was missing something badly throughout the day yesterday... infact first i thought that something was wrong with my system but after having checked it out umpteen of times i still couldn't log in on IL and thats when i realized that IL was down due to some technical snag. I still kept going through whatever was opening so i guess i'm really hooked on to IL... its a great forum and what is really nice is that there's so much of cooperation between everyone and where newcomers like me are also welcomed with open hearts. :yes:
    Hats off to all you lovely people out there for making IL the best !:2thumbsup:

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I guess everybody missed IL just like me....I would have tried to login more than 20 times. Nice to see the site up and running again. Thanks so much Malathy, Jay, Laxmi.
    I am going to be on vacation for the next 10 days... oh my God what will I do without IL:idontgetit:. Guess I will find out. Family and I are going on a cruise to the caribbean.

see you all when I get back,

Adios Amigos,
    Jothi.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I can imagine the plight of all, specially Malathy and Jey. IL having server problems and members not able to connect with each other, it must have been really frustrating.
    You know, my son had some digestin problem and had a sever bout of vomitting and dysentry on Thursday night and I was very upset as his board exams are going on. So I could not log in and missed IL so much. My mind kept going to the computer but due to these troubles at hand, I could not log in.
    I could not keep myself away from IL and thought I would just check what's going on and to my horror, I see that IL was also down with problem. Son got alright and IL is also alright, I am so much at peace.
    Life with out IL, what would be it? Already I was dreading going on the long holiday to my mother's, there is no computer there and I will have to go to a browsing centre. I cannot log on as and when I wanted, all these things were going on in my mind. Now, this was a trial of sorts. But it is a difficult trial which I do not want to go thro again.
    I congratulate Malathy and Jey for setting things right at the earliest and also wish IL a happy existence.