1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A day spent spiritually - feeling blessed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 6, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Akanksha dear thanks for your good wishes. True dear God only guides me always and shows the right path. I am thank ful to Him for everything. I feel blessed to have spent spiritually whole day, thanks to the family who sponsored

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I am so happy to know that you spent your entire day in prayers and worships. There is no question in my mind that you both are a very blessed souls. The Lord knows when we all need to go back to him and while we are here, it is best to hold His feet tight and pray to Him for whatever is best for all of us.

I went to my spiritual center yesterday and spent two hours of very elevating Krishna Bhajans. I felt as though I was in a different world. Somehow, I feel very connected to Krishna bhajans so much. I also song my favorite Bhajan, "Bala Gopala......." imagining the young Krishna crawling and half way through I struggle to sing a line because my eyes filled with tears and I felt a lump in my throat. I regained myself to continue to complete the bhajan properly.

Everything will go fine for you and your husband. Leave everything to the Lord and He knows what is best. Soon, you will have a grandson in your lap. Faith is everything. Knowing you from your posts, your expectations are always very simple. Your untainted love will make everyone melt.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Such a lovely snippet. Kutty krishna will be by your side soon.
    This year Gokulashtami was special. My DIL and 3 year old grandson were here.We had to celebrate Gokulashtami in the morning itself,Evening 6P. M. was my DIL' s dance programme was in Kalakshetra.The pinnal alankaram etc took nearly two hours. It could not be done haphazard,as it may loosen and fall down while dancing fast. Now I Have become acquainted with this make up business.

The child started crying on seeing her mother with long plaits, kunjalam, rakkodi, chutti etc.He wanted her to remove everything as it was 'ugly' according to him. He wanted me to remove all the alankarams. I had to divert him saying that we have called for a handyman to remove and soon on his arrival the pinnal will be removed.He fell asleep. My DIL and her parents went to the programme. We sat at home taking care of the baby.
    Only today we saw the programme thro DVD.
    It was very nice.My DIL left for US yesterday night.
    This programme coincided with Krishnashtami and Teacher's Day.She danced a beautiful varnam in Kamas by way of tribute to Guru Adyar Lakshmanan.Thillana was about Krishna , composed by Lalgudi Jayaraman, choreographed by my DIL.
    She specifically danced for 6 shlokas from Gita.Last piece was a Peyazhwar paasuram set in Ragamalika. On seeing Thirupathi Balaji,Peyazhwar is very much confused. He gives darshan as Shiva sometimes and Vishnu sometimes.He sees the mazhu of Shiva, chakram of Vishnu. he comes to the conclusion Hari and Hara have confluenced in the image of Balaji and he sings the glory of Sankara Narayana--an apt theme for Janmashtami.
    My DIL is a wonderful dancer with a great sense of rhythm and her mathematical accuracy is stunning.For the past 2 months we enjoyed the mazhalai of our grandson.Today the house looks so barren.

That is life.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi dear glad youliked th write up. Thanks for your good wishes

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Rith dear glad to know you have seen all my posts and admire me , that sweet message made my day. I am not a great writer like Cheeniya Sir, Viswa and Jayasala akka ,and many more others. I Learn from their writings , glad to know that you fee I am a role model , feel happy to know that .Thanks dear for motivating me with your sweet message

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Viswa dear feel blessed to get your feedback. Yes Viswa dear I was happy that I could spend the day chanting Narayaneeyam in the temple, thanks to God and to the family who sponsored. Otherwise we would nto have had the chance to go to the temple.

Glad to know you spent two hours in Lord Krishna bajans. You are right when we are in bhajans we forget the world and are in a different world and feel blessed and happy. Glad toknow you also sung. You are a real bakth thats why you felt emotional while singing . My sister is also full of bhakthi and always thinking of God, when we were young and used to go for Shashti bajans God used to come in her and she used to say Muruga Muruga and forget herself. She is having all the facilities , a big house etc but both my sister and athimbar are having health problems . She is somehow managing , never is idle and wants everythign perfect. My brother in law's leg was amputed two years back and he needs some support. Feel very sad for him because he is a nice person and never complains

Thanks for your good wishes. May God bless you and keep you always healthy and happy

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42, Jayakka dear thanks for your blessings. Glad to know that this year Gokulashtami was special for you. YOu are blessed to celebrate with your grandson . Glad to know this programme was on Golulashtami and Teacher's day. Reading your narration I felt I was also there enjoying the dance fo your dil. Hope one day I will get a chance to meet you and see her dance. True Jayakka when children are there it is really fun enjoying with them but what to do now a days they are abroad and we cant go whenever we want, glad that we have modern technology which is helpful to keep in touch and see them

8. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

hai vijji
    I do not why I always thought of you as bubbling and full of joy to hear you write of

death was a bit shocking !!.I did put the rangoli 20150905_221022.jpg

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for yur feedback, your rangoli is not veryclear