" A day in the life of the CM" ...

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Wishing all the members of Indusladies a fantastic New year ahead...here is one humourous piece written by a writer friend - Vasudev Murthy, who apart from being a creative writer, poet and a musician, is a good satirist ...let us usher in the new year with smiles and smiles....ENJOY his keen sense of wit laced with wisdom..

A Day in the Life of the Chief Minister- vasudev murthy
    -----------------------------------------

4:00 AM A smile as he dreams of becoming the Chief Minister. He forgets that he already is.

7:00 AM Breakfast

7:30 AM Breakfast

8:00 AM Breakfast

8:30 AM Beakfast

9:00 AM Morning snooze in office commences.

11:01 AM Briefing by Personal Secretary

"Saar! Wall Collapse in Dharwad due to heavy rains! Dozens dead! What should we do?"

"Issue press statement condemning Communal Forces. Next."

"Floods in Bellary, Saar."

"Arrange aerial survey for me. Make sure the AC of the helicopter is working. Sanction 2 crores for repair. Next."

"Rajyotsava awards, saar. 250 okay?"

"Quadruple it. Include my tailor and your mother-in-law. Lets not forget those trapped by that anti-corruption pain Lokayukta. Next."

"Terrorist strike in Bangalore Saar!"

"Express shock and surprise and promise an investigation. Lash out at Communal Forces."

"Shall I say the strike was unexpected?"

"Yes. Say that terrorism will never, never, never succeed. We will not be cowed down. By the way, has the order tripling my security guards from 3000 to 9000 been passed yet?"

"Not yet Saar. In process."

"Good, bring it back and increase it to 18000. We live in dangerous times. Next."

"Infrastructure protests, Saar."

"Hmmm. A Plot by Communal Forces. Nevertheless, convene an All Party Meeting in that new Five Star Hotel. They have good idlis."

"Already convened today to discuss delegation composition to travel to Delhi to demand more funds. I shall add it to the agenda."

"Good, Good. I'm allotting a BDA residential site to you from my Discretionary quota."

"Thanks Saar. And for my brother-in-law's maternal uncle also, please sir. Just a small 60 by 90."

"OK, done. Next"

"Unveiling of Statue of XYZ Saar."

"What a bore. Make sure I get praised for being a Dynamic Leader just like XYZ. Next."

"Lunch from 1 pm to 4 pm Saar."

"Hmmm..a bit tight..okay, we'll adjust. Next."

"More threats received from terrorists. Dozens killed in shootout, Saar."

"Express concern and authorize ex-gratia allotment. Appoint committee to investigate. Express shock. Promise aid to injured. "

"Saar, we have overshot the quota of 11,500 committees Saar. What to do?"

"Book my ticket to Delhi to seek Funds from High Command for more committees. OK, you can go now. Time for my nap."

"Saar, Madam called from Delhi Saar."

"WHAT?? Why didn't you say so earlier???? Wh-wh-what did sh-sh-she say??"

"Sending pet cat Basanti to express condolences to victims of mayhem, Saar."

"Tell IG to deploy all security forces for VIP Guest. Sniffer dogs. The Works! Now!"

"What shall I tell the Terrorists, Saar?"

"Express shock and surprise and ask them to wait till the Cat leaves."

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Best Way To Usher in the New Year!

Dear Ambika,
    That was the most humourous piece as well as the saddest one. While one laughs his or her hearts out, one can not suppress the pain in the hearts on seeing the callousness of our nethas. Oh God let my country awake. from the deep slumbers of pointless existence and rise against these callous people.

I enjoyed the piece very much. I feel guilty how I missed this piece for so long.
    Happy new year.
    Convey my greetings to Mr.Vasudev Murthy for his wonderful piece.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. ambika ananth

Thanks Sridhar..

Thanks Sridhar for joining me in enjoying the piece, so well-written and yes, as you say, with hard reality of our present political scenerio. Mr.Vasudev Murthy truly deserves to be complimented for this sagacious piece.

I am surprised that the usual eager members like Meena and Sharada, who respond to almost every thread, never responded to this one...I wonder if theladies are so stuck up with other issues that they have pushed humour to the back seat...wake up ladies and laugh away ....
    ambika

4. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Good you put it

Dear Ambika,

It is good you put this humorous article before our IL;

New year should awake with laughter! I did laugh aloud

a lot when our literary friend Vasudev Murthy kindly sent

it to me. The satire is well brought out; Finding he was

in charge of the humorous section in 'Muse'( of which

you are the editor for poetry), I clicked, and lo! the

first thing that met my eyes were the caricatures done

so wonderfully for the section by our talented Mahesh,

your son! Please convey my congrats. To you also for

introducing humour. Don't worry, Sharada's reply will

suddenly pop in with interest!

Nuggehallipankaja

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  5. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Breaking News! - main aa gayi!

My apologies for entering the discussion so late. Usually when I go to the "New Posts" section I check out only the first page - Mea Maxima Culpa (for the uninitiated it means the fault is totally mine or literally I'm the maximum culprit!). VM had sent me this satirical piece a few weeks ago - and I was tempted to wear a Nehru cap and contest the elections! What an easy, relaxed life our politicians lead. Let them have all the material comforts, but why are they ruining our country? Rampant corruption has eroded our very foundation. VM has projected this sad state of affairs in a witty manner.
    Sharada

6. ambika ananth

Sharada, though I know Vasudev Murthy sends all his satirical pieces to all his friends, I wanted you to respond on this site so that, apart from merely enjoying the piece, a kind of thought-exchange and banter can take place between ladies....about the existing political scenerio.

ambika