1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A day in the Life of a ...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear lakshmi,

Good to see you. And, many thanks for that lovely compliment. I feel so good.:)

Hmmmm Lakshmi and Shree,

Haiku? Me? Now Really????? chalo let me share it with you even though I am not sure it is good or even correct for that matter. Lakshmi the haiku was actually in response to our oj das haiku which went..

below the stairs
    a forlorn pair of slippers
    waiting in silence

Well I sent one in reply which was in a 5-3-5 format but originally haikus are supposed to be 7-5-7 format so my improvised one was

Why wait in Silence
    When there is so much music
    Out there in the world

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mam,

It is really nice to see you here. :)Oh yes, misfortune never comes alone….it LOVES company.:biglaugh.I am so happy with your appreciation.

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mahi,

Thank you so much ! :) Glad that you enjoyed the post and oh yes, I have been having wonderful days ever since due to all your encouraging words and affection.:)

4. VaniJayaKumar

VaniJayaKumar New IL'ite

i guess it's the same in everybody's kitchen...:cheers

unfortunately, im a working cum housewife cum children's driver for their activities even on weekends....:crazy

Vani
    "Patience bring easy solutions..."

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Mindi!

Wow cool! how great it would be if my mom was humming "Un mela aasa dhaan"...

it does happen that something goes wrong at home only when the maid is on leave and we end up doing thaat extra bit that could have otherwise been there for the maid.

A gravy gets burnt and is stuck fast to the kadai,or the drainage is blocked and all this happens to me - believe me its always on a religious function or when the guests are there and we are running late preparing dinner for them, and maids are alwas sick or on leave ( un announced) only when we have guests or on those auspicious days!

What a luck!

U even kept humming through all that was happening even without your breakfast! i would ahve called up my DH and narrted the whole story sobbing! :biglaugh

yups we do that extra work in kitchen to make it look at its best- but i am really driven down of all my energy when my DH is not able to find any difference and remarks " munnadiye nalla dhaana irundhathu? illaya ? enaku theriayalae"

6. goldfish99

goldfish99 Silver IL'ite

This one was hillarious. I enjoyed reading through it, thoroughly.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vani,

thanks for your comments and enjoying the post.:) you seem to do a lot of things and your signature quote shows you are a very balanced person.:thumbsup:-)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear SJ,

Thanks for the comments. hahaah singing does make me feel better.

you have given such classy examples that had me :biglaugh

SJ,you are still young dear thats why you call your dh and let go. at my age you will learn to solve( most of it at least :hide:) by yourself.

yups we do that extra work in kitchen to make it look at its best- but i am really driven down of all my energy when my DH is not able to find any difference and remarks " munnadiye nalla dhaana irundhathu? illaya ? enaku theriayalae"

this happens all the time in my house too.now i have concluded that i clean up for my satisfaction not for praise.:) but i still agree it is nice if someone acknowledges.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thank you goldfish....:) glad you enjoyed the post.

10. shyjahk

shyjahk New IL'ite

hi mindi,
    You have presented the matter so well. I think its the same with all of us wherever we are.

sk