1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple Of Good News! Seek Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 13, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

Sorry for troubling you for the fourth time in a week - a week-beginning blog, PS and a week-ending blog.

But certain things can't wait.

Have got a couple of good news and so am in urgent need of your blessings and wishes.

Number one, This issue of Deviyin Kanmani carries my full-length novel "Nee Enathu Innuyir" (நீ எனது இன்னுயிர்)

I loved writing this story. And you all know the story. I am not going to say which story. But then those who read the first page of the novel will find out.

And the beauty is this time they did not do any editing. My entire novel, 95 pages in A4 paper has come out without even a word being changed. Hats off to the Editorial Team for placing such a high confidence in my writing and proof-reading abilities (here the credit should go to my better half).

I am indebted to my brother-in-law who is in silk saree business for giving me so many valuable inputs about the saree design and trade. Except from mentioning the name of his shop somewhere in the middle of the novel I did not do anything to express my gratitude.

The second good news is even sweeter. Well I am known to making people cry. I write a 1000-word blog or a 5000-word episode to make my readers cry. This man used than half a paper and wrote a few lines that made me cry.
    Even that letter was not addressed to me. It was addressed to the Management of Dinamalar Varamalar.
    The man, a Tamil Teacher of SBOA Chennai, had written to them that he was so impressed by my story Oru Vipathu Oru Visaranai which appeared in Varamalar dated 3rd October 2010, that he cut out the story pages and made a student read it aloud in his class. The story had an impact on the students, he writes with a glee. And he goes on to add that he has selected the story as the best story of the year and is awarding Rs. 500. (He had enclosed a signed cheque with the name left blank). Dinamalar forwarded the letter to me.

I wrote back to the kind man acknowledging the receipt of the Sakithya Academy Award and a cash prize of Rs. 5 crores. Yes, to me the letter and the cheque appeared like them.

Needless to say that the second news made me happier than the first.

I am now sharing the news with you, seeking your kind blessings and wishes.
    I am also enclosing the cover-scans of the magazine that carries my novel.
    love,
    sridhar

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Congratulations!

As I tell you always, you are going places....

I agree with you it was definitely the Sahithya Academy Award... I can understand how emotional you would have been.

This story I know which you are talking of and the cover is by my favourite artist..WOW superrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Definitely this too would be a roaring success Sridhar no doubts on that. My best wishes are always there with you.

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Many many Congratulations ..you are claiming greater glories & heights in the world of story-writing.

Definitely even a clone of yours cannot undertake to surpass you sir!
    You are simply invincible and unbeatable.

I'm sure even the 'Sahitya Academy' award wouldn't have given you this much of a Bliss..you do deserve this sir and more.

[​IMG]
    {The story btw is 'Love,Love,Love'}

Regards&love,
    Saras.

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hello sir,

What a Good news.My wishes and Prayers for you always there. Surely you will win SAHITHYA ACADEMY AWARD. You an award to the Earth. No more words to say sir. Hats off to you

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations! You seem to be going places!
    [​IMG]
    Love
    Malathi

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for both Sridhar. You deserve it truly. -rgs

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

Congrats!! And the second one touched my heart!! That truely is more than any award in the world!!

I am soooo very happy for you Sir!! May He always be with you to guide you to achieve more and more :)

Akila

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful Good news sir !!!!!!:thumbsup

I was really touched by the appreciative gesture shown by the SBOA teacher....:bowdown:cheers

Wish you all the very Best for all your future endeavours !!!!!!!

"FOR SOME MOMENTS IN LIFE....THERE ARE NO WORDS.....SHEER BLISS"
    - David Sultzer

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Second news comes first...very very happy Sridhar...that is the victory for a writer...:)
    Without editing means, the work is really neat...and hats off to Indhu..
    All the best for the present and future endeavours..:thumbsup:

sriniketan

10. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

My hearty Congratulations Uncle!!

For the first news, very happy to hear that your writing is published original with no editing...it shows the confidence they have in your writing!!

Like I told you before...You are in a way high where no can reach you so easily...I know you too worked hard to reach such level.

For the second news, what else one want uncle. It is the encouragement and support that helps us grow stronger and reach higher and higher. You are in such heights because of such good hearted people. It is all because of your skill of attracting people in your writings!!!

These are not to flatter you Uncle, now your reap the fruit for your hardwork!!

All the best!!