1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of clarifications

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Oct 18, 2011.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    I came to know that there has been much speculation on the recent exchange between Sri Sir and me in my thread “A trip with positive thoughts for company”.
    I would like to clarify a couple of things:
    1. I am an environmentalist at heart.

Inadvertently I was placed as an anti-environmentalist in my above thread by Sri Sir’s feedback. I responded in the spirit of a good argument. That is all.

My heart bleeds every time I see a tree felled, oil spilled in the ocean, the ozone layer’s hole widening, huge chunks of arctic ice melting, and thin polar bears searching frantically for food.
    I recycle, compost, and do my bit to conserve energy, and avoid waste; for their part Governments all over the world are placing many controls on emissions, fishing, poaching, etc.
    However, I also know that, pitted against the energy we use for going about our daily living, these measures will only slow down, but are not the solutions; until we find a source of energy (or at least learn to trap and use solar energy more efficiently) that will not impact the environment.

This is my stance. Let me not delve any deeper.

2. Sri Sir and I are still good friends and I have assured him of this.

It was a debate and we do not believe in losing friends over one. It would be petty.

The exchanges may have appeared heated but then all arguments do. If there is speculation on why both his feedbacks and my responses were pulled out, yes, I agree there should have been some statement in the thread.

However, it was sir’s decision, not mine, to pull them out.
    Sir and I will continue this debate out of IL’s territory one day when we meet. It is easier to discuss than to write, taking into account the tone of voice, body language, stress on words, and so many other nuances that cannot be perceived in a written exchange. I am looking forward to a good intellectual discussion with Sri Sir.
    Thank you all for your continued support. I consider it my privilege to be amongst you. Let us move on…
    I request no feedbacks be given to this as it is just a statement.

7 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krish,

let me break the rule, and give the first feedback. i read yr post, but did not read what sri wrote or what happened later, so i have no idea.

let me tell u one thing. i know Sri, tht is Cheeniya, i have had the opportunity to spend a few days with him in Chennia somne 3 yrs back when i had gone to meet my ailing MIL who stays with my BIL and wife, so met Sri, and i must say, i regret meeting him so late in life.Where was he all these years eh !

Now this staement can be twisted such as " i regret meeting him " , if u take it out of context, the words spoken by me, but meaning something else if taken in isolation.

these things happen sometimes, and now let me tell u something about u. i have never spoken to u, or chatted with u, or seen a pic of u, i keep hearing of u, from common friends.

You come across as a nice friend, and person, everyone has a good word to say about u. So u must be a nice person, and that is the feeling i get, when i read yr blogs, they are all positive, light, and easy to the brains of even dullards lik em.

Yes whenever u get the chance, meet Sri, and i know u both will get along like a house on fire. Dont worry toio much at all, if at all anything has happened, u are both big hearted and mature.

All the best and looking forward to seeing some lovely juicy blogs from u,what say !!!

God bless u.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Thank you!

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamala
    I request no feedbacks be given to this as it is just a statement.

So it has been said. So it shall be done!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:)....:thumbsup....:bowdown!

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala:

Must search out this thread.

oj-da