1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

A Conference - Part I

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by prettydevil, Mar 13, 2014.

1. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Meera was a middle age unmarried woman. Her broken heart in the past led her to never trust and marry anyone. To overcome her hurt, she had created a fake shell around her which was full of arrogance, rudeness and unfriendliness. Working hard, she managed to reach high positions in matter of just some years. She was soft from within but since she did not want to be betrayed again, she used to keep distant from all her employees and had disconnected herself from all her friends. She used to live by herself and to kill that loneliness she used to stay in office till late nights and at home used to take sleeping pills to sleep quick.

Once unwillingly she had to travel to attend a conference and represent her company. Normally she always stayed away from these conferences as it involved meeting and talking to many people. But this time she could not deny as even she knew there was no one else who would be able to give that webinar better than her. It was just a day’s conference, but it was a couple of hours away from the country.

She left for the airport the previous night.

At the ticket counter:

“My secretary had booked for first class ticket, then how come you are giving me this economy class ticket” said Meera in anger.

“I am sorry Mam, there might be some misunderstanding. The ticket under your name is booked for economy only.” Said the ticket counter lady.

“Listen, that’s not possible. I have always travelled in First class. I don’t’ know if your system is wrong or my secretary messed up something, but I need a first class ticket.” Said Meera in frustration.

“Sorry Mam. There are no seats available.”

“What do you mean by no seats? I don’t care. Do anything but get me that first class seat. Where is your Supervisor or Manager? Call him now.”

After having many arguments, the manager assured her that they will try to make some arrangement for her in the plane.

Furiously she left the counter, went to the boarding lounge, opened her laptop and started working. While she was busy working, a small child ran past her fast and her laptop fell. Her mood was as it is bad, so in anger she just shouted at the small kid. The child’s mom just said sorry, took her kid and went away from there.

“She was just a small kid, you shouldn’t have yelled at her.” Said Akash who was also going to board the same plane and was sitting in the same lounge area.

“Excuse me. Just mind your own business.” Said Meera giving him an angry look.

“I still stick to what I said, you shouldn’t have yelled at her.” Akash said again with a smile.

Such a jerk, why does the airline allow such people in the lounge areas. Meera murmured to herself.
    “Did you say something to me?” Akash asked.

“Listen, why don’t you just mind your own business? I am least interested in talking to you.”

“Least interested? That means you are a little interested in talking to me. Am I right?” said Akash with a huge smile.

“What the hell do you think of yourself? You dumb head.”

“Not much. Just that I am smart, handsome and cool unlike you.”

“What do you mean that I am not cool?”

“Working at airport, sure not cool.”

“And poking around someone else’s matter is cool? Seriously…. Give yourself a break.”

Meera got frustrated and got up in anger to sit somewhere else, but at the same time the announcement was made to board the plane. She left from there and boarded the plan and reminded the crew to upgrade her seat to first class.

After sometime she was shifted to first class seat and to her surprise it was next to Akash.

“You..?” she shouted in frustration.

“I can’t sit here, do you have any other seat?” she told to the air hostess.

“Am sorry Mam, this is the only seat we have.” Replied the air hostess.

“Uhhh… fine!” Meera then sat next to Akash.

“Are you following me? Am I that attractive?” Akash told to Meera in a flirting way.

“Shut up and leave me alone.”

“This is a plane Madam and not your work place where you can ask to shut up everyone.”

“What do you mean by that exactly? You think I like to shout at people?”

“Seems like.”

“Oh shut up…”

“See... you just said that again.”

“Oh please… why don’t you just mind your own business?” Saying this Meera opens her laptop again, puts ear plugs on and starts working.

After sometime the plane takes off.

What happens up in the air... we will see next...

Story to be contd…

10 people like this.

2. vsuganya

vsuganya Bronze IL'ite

very nice start prettydevil....
    Waiting for the next part... :)

I loved your I still love you story.....Hats off to you for such a lovely story....Are you going to continue " and I still love you"?

3. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

nice start waiting for next episode

4. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Nice start PD... waiting to know what has happened in the plane between Meera & Akash.

5. drjobs2009

drjobs2009 Platinum IL'ite

Welcome back PD... Nice start..

6. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

7. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Too Good dear :) Waiting for next part :)

8. KajalK

KajalK Bronze IL'ite

waiting for the next part already :)

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a good start PD........
    Nice to see you back with the new story.....:)

10. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hey PD,

You have come with new story...am happy happy. Good start dear