1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Comedy of Errors

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

A Comedy of Errors

I have been suffering from a viral , so taking medicines. One of them is Dylocil or something, a liquid for the throat. Harsha has told me to drink in a spoon, but I just like to drink it straight from the bottle. Who wants to go and get a spoon. Harsha is rightly annoyed, for she says, even her throat is bad, but now she cant take from this bottle bcs I have made it jhoota, and I eat nonveg too. Here she has a point, but one never learns, till he learns the hard way, as I did recently.

Tuffy has got a wound on his leg, and we have to apply Betadine, that red liquid which doctors used to apply to our wounds years back, and tie it up with bandage.

Now both the bottles look the same, like long lost twins, the glass colour is brown, same golden cap, and u can mistake one for the other.

Day before , as I was about to go to sleep, I folded the specs, walked to the place with this Dylocil of mine is kept, right above the TV, and just put the bottle to the mouth, as a hungry kid does to the milk bottle, and god knows the liquid felt horrible, and I just spat it out.

It was just like blood, all over the floor and in a second I realized I had drunk Betadine instead of the cough syrup ! Harsha was not well herself, fast asleep, it was 11 pm, and I woke her, and she was so worried.

I called my Doc on his cell, an unearthly hour to call surely, and his mom has just expired, but he was kind enough to tell me, kamal don’t worry, just eat a burnt toast, and I could hear an amusement in his voice. I said doc yaar here I am in agony, and u are taking it lightly, and he said , next time wear yr specs when u have medicines, and I said yes boss.

Then I called my other Doc, who too reassured me , that just go off to sleep, and have liquid digene, which I did, not knowing if I would get up alive the next day to blog for u friends, and harsha came a few times to check if I was here or in Hell, and shook me from my deep sleep, just when Poonam Pandey was ready to oblige me !!!

To whomsoever I told this, were all laughing, people find comedy in somebody’s tragedy. And out they came out with some examples in front of which mine was nothing.

A friend told me, his servant was very fond of drinking petrol, yep, he would love to drink it, till one day not finding coconut oil , he applied petrol o his head, and which made him do hoopla hoo, and take to the doc, who was shocked to know this fellow drank petrol !

And look at Tuffy, the guy eat a lizard, I saw it, a small one moving on the floor. I got alarmed, and called the Vet, he said don’t worry, give him a Avil if u wish. And he will either pass it out, through his stool, or vomit, or some foam will come to his mouth, but nothing will happen to him.

A friend of mine drank thinner, which we use in painting, the water bottle and the thinner bottle were lying side by side, and he had to have a stomach wash, and he lived to tell the tale.

Lesson learnt – wear specs and check the name,use a spoon, so u can see if the colour is any different, and it will make Harsha happy too !!

Anna Hazare

Well I have another idea to stamp out corruption, since a long time.

Have a website, where anyone can, annonomously post out details of the assets of the politicians, which is visible to the public, and action taken on the complaint there within a reasonable frame of time.

For example, all powerful people have enemies, but who can take these powerful people by their horns !

For example a politician or a policeman, buys a piece of land, say in his relative’s name. This information is with the , seller, the broker, and a few other people.

Say one of the people in the know falls out with the politican, he can post the details on the website, without giving his name, for all to see. There will be no fear of repercussions. For no one knows who u are, and u can use a public booth for the same.

Why I tell u this is because some one known to me, his export duty drawback was held up by the customs on some frivolous reasons. The amount was huge, and for a few years there was no progress. This fellow went to the customs and kept the slips they have to fill in, when they enter the customs, some 40 of them, the officer would refuse to see him on some pretext or the other.

One day he finds in the newspapers, a govt notification saying, that any exporter who has any greiviances, call write to this website, and choose any one of the 100 officers named, and send him the details of the case.

Well this person chose someone and wrote out his details, and all the slips that he had , saying no one was listening to him. He got an immediate reply, which gave him the complaint no, and said within a week they will get back to him.

This fellow forgot about it, knowing how the government functions, but was surprised to receive an email, which said contact so and so in the Mumbai customs.

Before he could do that, the customs top chief called him up, and said why did u complain upstairs, u should have ocme to me, the friend was as it is angry and washed off his hands of his money, he gave the fellow a piece of his mind.

Result – Take a guess ? He got all his money back, one shot.

Due to that I am saying have a website where anyone can post a complaint against anyone and give proof of it on the website while u keep yr identity secret, the site I am srue will be flooded with complaints and facts.

These corrupt people have enemies all over, who are waiting to strike, but at present they are scared. This way they can expose these crooks.

But I wont act like Hazare and kill myself, I will go on a Vegetarian Fast, which will kill me as much as hazare who is not eating.and I will drink just plain water, become bald like Dhoni and hope for the best.

Will a few hundred bloggers come to my hunger strike, which will be a pure vegetarioan affair please, and u guys dare not eat nonveg in front of me, and offer me paneer and other poison, or the first murder I will commit will be theirs .

Tell me what u think, when can we start our Bhook Hartal !!!

KAMAL MAHTANI

A TV Advertisement

Villian trying to rape a girl, but salwar ka naada nahin khul raha tha.

Background voice

Aapki maa behen ka rakhwala
    Kamalji brand NAADA !!!

Dhoni spent the last few days explaining to his wife, that his final performance has nothing to do with Poonam Pandey !!!

A quote by Chankya

Don’t be too honest in life.
    Because the straight trees are the first chosen to to be cut !!!

2. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

//second I realized I had drunk Betadine instead of the cough syrup !//:drowningOh Kamalji thats sad.

//and harsha came a few times to check if I was here or in Hell, and shook me from my deep sleep, just when Poonam Pandey was ready to oblige me !!!//:rotfl

I remember when I & my mom went to Govt Eye hospital,a nurse came talking & told me to lift my chin within seconds she put the eye drops in my eyes instead of my mom.I was a school going girl then so I need to say my brains dint act fast & I never questioned why she told to lift the chin but felt that irritation.:rant

Ya regarding Anna Hazre & your point in curbing corruption is worthy to implement.Instead of going on talking we need to know means to end corruption & its the right time now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Lesson learnt – wear specs and check the name,use a spoon, so u can see if the colour is any different, and it will make Harsha happy too !!

So sir, u learnt a good lesson...see most of the time we are learning lessons out of our mistakes only..

My betterhalf also doesnt use spoons while taking syrup..this time I should warn him with most powerful words...:rant:crazy

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I too had heard and seen such comedy of errors related to consumption of medicine though it's serious at that moment, later on when they become some nostalgic moments, they join the comedy error list.

Opening of website?!! kamalji, the TN election campaign includes free laptops in their freebie offers. People there will be disappointed if that is withdrawn for the website reason!!!! :wink: :rotfl

Anna Hazare knows that educating our mass is difficult hence he has straight away on hunger strike. (the picture signboard of man & Women is till followed in public toilets - may be to catch attention on emergency situations!!)

Bhook Hartaal?!! :yes: i am ready as I am a vegetarian.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

I did that in an absent minded moment when I brought my mom to my place. On the first day I took out her tablet, kept it on the table and along with my own medicine, I swallowed hers too. I really got a fright, called up her doctor and he assured me nothing would happen.
    Now I do hope Kamalji, you will have learnt your lesson the hard way and will listen to Harsha in future. :)

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Nice comedy of errors Kamalji...Good that you finally learned a lesson...BTW, nice jokes, especially the dhoni one :biglaugh

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

That was really very hilarious, kamalji. :biglaugh

Actually life will be very simple if you just listen to the wife always. hope you learnt THAT lesson.hahaha

Once a friend came home and opened up the refrigerator and drank straight out of the vinegar bottle thinking it was water. She said her mouth was burning for sometime but what could I do? Not my fault surely?:) but she said it was ..I should have apparently kept them in separate shelves. :bonk

8. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Some are really funny if you talk abt this in future... Very true...

9. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

That was funny! I know...I know...it could have almost been a tragedy but I tell you that even then at the least it would have made people chuckle! My only question to you is - after all of this did you us the jhoota Betadine on Tuffy? :))

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ambika,

So u got the drops fro free eh ! Well that was careless of the nurse.

let us see what happenes next with Anna, u cant just trust these news channels or these politicians.

Regards

kamal