1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A close encounter....of the fourth kind???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear mindi
    great post,opened the site after many days & seeing your name & that too a encounter with forth type ? was enough for me to read it , great write up.
    last year We, me husband & both dauthers were within a few feet of yahoo boy ( old man Now ) shammi kapoor at marine drive hotel to call it a encounter & few days back dreamed about SRK sitting near me in some show ... LOL.. & he is not my fvourate would have prefer AB or even Junior AB.---- lol.
    This feb my elder daughter was coming from mumbai to udaipur & in flight next to her was Saroj khan & my DD keep sleeping :) as it was a early morning flight .

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Mindian,

Ameeting with the Supersatar... Great... You must be in cloud nine... It is really great of you to keep your cool and talk to him ... I have seen lot of people blabber, when they are meet greats and in cloud nine... Though I have had opportunities to meet some of the cine stars, I have never done chatting with them... I normally go in my way and do my work... Dont take extra effort to go and talk and all...

Great narration... No dull... Enjoyed every bit of it...

Veda

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Mindy ,

What was that ? You have been hiding such a secret from all of us.

Meeting Rajnikanth the SUPERSTAR and you feel you are not star enough to write about it ..too bad :rant:rant:rant

I was awed reading it ,not only about your encounter with the star but also the way you have presented it so well.Yes, I loved the way you have taken us all on a journey few years back to the exact location and date and believe me when I say the lift could take 4 in there the last being the reader of the post who was vitually teleported.That is the affect your post had on me atleast.

Excellent ! I really loved your narrative style, the conversations you had with your mom and friends, and last but not the least the spontaneous retaliation you wished you had executed.

I have nominated your post in the finest narration category for this month.

This is one of the best entertaining and engrossing quasi-conversational narratives I have come across in IL.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji,

Thanks! Frankly I was wondering why nobody questioned me about the title. I googled too before i chose it.(hahaha jai ho to google). In ufology, a close encounter is an event in which a person witnesses an UFO, unidentified flying object. Astronomer and UFO researcher Allen Hynek introduced the first three kinds of encounters; more sub-types of close encounters were later added by others, but these additional categories are not universally accepted by UFO researchers, mainly because they depart from the scientific rigor that Hynek aimed to bring to ufology.
    The first kind is about sighting an UFO, second about observation and the third kind is an observation of what Hynek termed "animate beings" observed in association with a UFO.

Now I am far from writing any sci fi. Frankly I do not even understand them. My meet went beyond the first three kinds and seemed a little weird to me so I named it as the fourth kind. As simple as that and NOT to be confused with those sci fi encounters.:)

I hope you didn’t come here expecting some great sci fi story and got disappointed.:hide:

Good to know there are many like me actually. And you too! Eli in both places..hahhah

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaiiiii,

How ARE you? And how come you are so busy these days? Anyway, GREAT to see you here. So you dreamt about srk? Now why are you dreaming about the person I like?:bonk Wish we could dream about the person WE want to, LOL. Now the yahoo boy would have liked it if someone went up to him and spoke about his old days, hai na?

hey jai btw,i am sorry for writing so many sentences in tamil..hope you understood? i should have translated but somehow always forget to do so.
    So,it is all the more sweet of you to step in..:)..Thanks and do keep in touch.

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear veda,

It was great to open the post and see all my old (long time and not "old" as in old age,okay :) today. I am sure you are doing fine. Hahaha I agree with you, blabbering would have been worse…..but that never happens in my case. I am sure,.it has always been the other way round, lol as I am usually at a loss for words.
    Hey, really happy to know that you liked the post.Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sabi,

I REALLY wish we saw more of you here. How have you been? :)

I am overwhelmed at your praise and totally at a loss for words to express (ohhhhh god ! Not again??? ) my thanks.

let me just say that I am ABSOLUTELY thrilled that you thought it fit for a nomination. Thank you! :)

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Min di,

i am so happy to know that
    Rajni is not yr favourite but kamalji.:biglaughI am honoured.

Oh u mean Kamalahasan eh ! i take my thanks back:rotfl

now tht was hilarious, the lift and the meeting, and yur hubbys parting words.Superb.

Regards

kamal

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi kamalji,

welcome back ! Aap aaye tho bahaar aaye ! we missed you here in snippets .:)

now this kamal ji guarantees me one laugh at least a day while that kamal maybe only once a year so you decide which kamal is my favourite???

thanks .glad that you liked the post.:)

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I was at first, went what a close encounter you had, Mindi..
    Your reaction when meeting him looks like you are a really controlled person.:thumbsup
    We also had such an experience, when we met Sarathbabu and Sneha, when our friend took us to Mayajaal in Chennai..my daughters were :rantlater on, why they didn't get autograph from her..
    My dh also met the yesteryear Sridevi on his flight.

sriniketan