1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A close encounter....of the fourth kind???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    In asplendid manner you have described your meeting with the super star !!!! I am very thankful to you the way you have described me and my starry meet . I feel you have acted in avery matured manner!!!! But dear , I swear I cannot and will not keep quiet.
    I just imagined myself in your place and my thoughts begin to roam !!!
    As soon as I see him opening the door and stand I would just show my happiness by saying loudly , " Hello, I am now in cloud nine meeting the
    super star of tamilnadu "Don't you think this itself would make him fall flat! I would have then put him the question, " If you have acted in " Naayagan" you would have made bullet to turn around and safe guard your self"!!! For that he would have given his trademark laugh . My conversation would prolong about the "Kuttikkadhaigal" he used to quote in his speech.
    But Mindi, I also became dumbfounded when I met Kamal, my favorite hero !!!! That is an interesting story !! I do not want to bore you with that. Anyway like your mother I also feel, you missed the chance. But now you are his neighbour I believe. One small doubt, What was Meena doing there? Is there film shooting:)? Buddhi poradhennu nee pallai kadippadhu ketkiradhu.
    with love
    pad

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jaya,

good to see you here..yeah i guess it was a wow moment but I wish i had had something to talk about.... hahahh ..But Now i think you are right .There are only two things i could have done ,either shut up or blabber..now that I think of it... good i did not talk too much and make a fool of myself :biglaugh:biglaugh

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear nats,

you too ??? :)

i also keep saying the same thing... that i have very good contol over my emotions except two things..crying and giggling..really nats i cannot control both these things however hard i try.:hide:

oh poor rahuman...you really disappointed him :biglaugh but he looks handsome,no?
    yes i agree with you and my mother..nothing wrong in conveying a little appreciation to a famous actor.we are not loosing anything by that and it makes them happy.:thumbsup

4. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Nice to read about your close encounter with the Superstar.

Lift thing was too funny.......Lol!

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rads,

thanks ! good to know you found it interesting though basically i had not much to narrate.:) yes, he came across as a very warm humble person.

hahah the price did shoot up because of the area and not because of the occupants..you know the other person there was chiranjeevi a telugu star ..imagine us staying sandwiched between chiranjeevi and rajni..haha just the thought has me :biglaugh now all by myself.

hey this arabpathi is the first time i am hearing hahhahh

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear ganges,

Sorry dear for disappointing you but what to do? thats me ! :)

no dear, naan onnum eli illay..it is only that i talk a lot with known people...konjum starting trouble hahah but yes veetila puli seri dhan .....paavam no? my husband? hahahh

yes, we bought the place but never lived there.just for investment only. inga vandhacchu soon after ..i am sure he too just bought it as an investment so we would never have been neighbours hahahah

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi

enjoyed your snippet, and had a hearty laugh!

Tongue tied, I can imagine...since I was like that when we met Abdul Kalam yet Abhi started chatting with him.

Celebrities...never had close encounters with them except I have seen many of them in Mustaffa here and also during all my India trips, in the domestic flight from Chennai to Madurai. Never tried chatting with anybody and stop with a smile. As your DH pointed out, veetila puli, Velila...:thumbsup

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shree,

hey that sort of treatment is only for these chota mota people like actors and celebrities.:) I rate you much higher dear and you shall get a very warm hug and :cheers

though there was no intention to act like the way i did,it so happened that i had nothing to say.kya karu? mein hu hi aisi? thoda slow but yessss! the superstar was too good to us.:)

yes, i googled just now to see how handsome this Ernie guy is ? hahahh

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi
    I t is interesting that you are ‘veetla puli, velila eli’ unlike S.Ve.Sekar who is ‘Veetla eli, velila puli’! Yours is a winning combination of course. It is always better that men are the other way around. Of course, I belong to the rare genre of being ‘Veetla, velila rendulayun, ELI!’

Meena is, of course, cute in a 9 yds sari but my vote is for Sridevi (Meendum Kokila). Of Cleopatra, the philosopher Blaise Pascal once remarked that “Cleopatra's nose, had it been shorter, the whole face of the world would have been changed." Of Sridevi’s nose, I have this to say:’Had it been a little sharper, she would still be the reigning queen of Indian cinema’
    Sri

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear monifa,

good to see you here :) thanks !

i am wondering who this actress from hindi films could be? you sure disappointed her by your lack of interest :biglaugh but what cheek on her part to comment on south Indians Some attitude,no? but really the superstar was too humble.:thumbsup

hey dont worry about the fb being long..thats the way it should be..good you had something to share on the sbject.:)