1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A carbon copy of me!!!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by DKI, Sep 22, 2014.

1. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Ever since my niece was born, everybody told me that she was just like me. She does look a lot like me, and as she grew older, my brother in law would always say "she is exactly like her chithi".

She and I share a special bond (her older brother, my nephew, was the first grandchild in our family, and there is another close relationsh I have for him)....especially when I hear about all the things she does. My sister being older than me, would always know what the outcome of something she did would be, because she had already done so with me!

But today when I talked to them, I realized that though we are miles apart, and years apart...she is exactly like me!!!

Many years ago, when I was in school, I begged my father for a pair of fancy "pumps" to wear to my end of school party. He said no, since I already had what he thought was enough footwear (2 pairs). SO-I went and made myself a pair of shoes using some blue cloth, and rexene for the sole. Today, I found out that she had spent the weekend doing the same thing. She made a pair of shoes using thermocol and pink flannel cloth.

I love this sweet child. If I had a daughter I would have wanted her to be like this.

2. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

omg how sweet, glad we have such things around in life to be happy about

3. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

What a sweet and beautiful story. I like it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thats so sweet.. and it feels so nice to have someone you love is also similar to you in many ways. Loved your narration and feel like meeting your carbon copy too....she sounds adorable

sindmani likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

oh my God! That is such a great thing to read :)