1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Book is Truly Judged by the Cover

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by raxxsach, Feb 25, 2011.

1. raxxsach

raxxsach New IL'ite

We all grow up with certain moral principles and samskaras which are imprinted on our souls and self. They are natural like breathing.I was taught since childhood not to be judgmental about a person just by the looks . But it is so untrue and we all witness it in our day to day life.As a kid I always befriended kids who are fair ,rich and famous.Oh lord who likes the company of nerds even if they have mind of Einstein..poor soul he is always mocked about his looks whenever he is remembered for his genius..Then i grew up ..Welcome Teenage ..had an eye on all the best looking boys in the neighborhood in spite of my average looks...well i was always the best in my head..Never ever i thought about those moral principles and kept judging people just by their mere looks...Now i was all grown up and ready to get married...Poor me the same principle applied on me tooo...so after five proposals finally i got an affirmation..to tell you the fact i was not quite impressed...grew up with salman khan on my walls ...but anyways after a while i was finally wooed by my hubbys intelligence and humor and not to deny the bank balance...And then the day came when my Belief system was shattered..I went to see my husband in his office and i was quite surprised and happy to see the Neigborhood HERO working for my husband....battle won...so now finally i never judge a book by its cover...

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi raxxsach,

a very honest post. i too have noticed an instinctive tendency on the part of children to like or dislike people just by looks. i wonder how or why. i mean, we adults have a lot of assumptions in our heads. where do children come by them?

anyway, glad to know that the ending to your story was a happy one.