1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Book I Read Recently

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Viswamitra, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I would like to share the review of the book I recently read titled, "Into the Magic Shop" written by a neurosurgeon Dr. James R Doty. Most of us read ancient texts and the rich wisdom associated with it but this book is special because it combines that rich wisdom in a practical way with a real life example of the author's own life. Through out the mix he mixes science and spirituality in the right proportion proving the point that there is only one truth. This book can work as a roadmap many young people as to how to lead the rest of their lives.

He explains the connection between the heart and our brain. He simplified the steps into four easily understandable ones:

1) Relaxing the body
    2) Focus on breathing and try to empty the mind completely of all thoughts
    3) Open your heart
    4) Think of your goals (at least 10 of them).

One has to do these four steps 2-3 times a day until it gets etched in our subconscious mind. He proves that through his own life example.

The author makes a point, it is the tribulations one encounter that creates wounds in our heart at the same time gives us the ability to open the heart. He emphasizes it is love and compassion that increases the Heart Rate Variability ("HRV"). He adds, one of the greatest causes of suddent cardiac death is lack of HRV. We logically think HRV will fluctuate when we are in stress and on the contrary the HRV is strong only when we experience love and compassion.

It is difficult to list all of the greatest points in this book in one article. I strongly recommend ILites to read the book and experience the value of the wisdom in this book.

Yumna, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear @Viswamitra, elsewhere i read about this book. Your summing up here impelled me to google to find out more and thus i landed on the webpage
    SuperSummary

From that summary i conclude that ideas explained by the author is relevant to all times all ages irrespective of their status and religious faith.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thyagarajan likes this.