1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A bond that moves...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

GG Inever had a cdow but I have wo dogs and I know how they get attached to us and even become possessive about us.

1 person likes this.
  2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

thank you B' - pets are pets be it anything, right. I too had 2 dogs, but I won't write about them, even more painful story when I lost them :(:(:(

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG ji,

This made a very interesting read for me.

Being an urban dweller, some charms of simple small town life is unknown to me sadly. It is another matter that I lived in a small town in Europe surrounded by vast fields where one often saw cattle and sheep. Funnily in the west, even they seem to follow a regiment and are out only to graze and go back in an orderly fashion into their barns!!

Many of our friends have dogs and cats and I am used to them somewhat. I did not opt to have a dog at home because I knew I would get so attached to it and going away on vacations would become impossible for me as I cannot bear the thought of leaving a dog behind. It would be my baby! One can read the expressions on dogs so very clearly, they almost talk to you.

But Cows? I never knew cows could be so communicative! My mouth fell open as I read that it ran inside your house and put its legs on your bed wanting those chocolates!!!! That was a revelation to me! I must say you left me with moist eyes toward the end of the narration. That poor mouth less pet (literal translation from my vernacular!!) of yours must have been so very sad....I am glad I decided not to own a pet!

L, Kamla

Congratulation on the several nominations you have recieved! :)

2 people like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the lovely fb K'

Pets are really amazing and they leave an unforgettable memory etched on to our heart and mind. Their lifetime is also shorter than us and the parting is really painful always.

After writing I did remember few more experiences with my cow, you know it is unending... Thank you again.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

GG, that is a really touching. Like Kamla, I too was amazed on reading how she chased you round the house, right up to the bed and demanded her chocolates! Did not know cows also did such things. :-D

I can only imagine how you miss her, given that I felt such pangs of pain when I read about her having to be sent off to another home. I do hope the owner treated her well.

1 person likes this.