1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Blooming Blog

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi TM,

Again a very nostalgic one. Though in our place (Eastern India), we don't have too much flowers to decorate our long pleated hair but during occasions, pujas, ladies used to buy gajras to enhance their beauty.
    Your post has reminded me of my Graduation time when we happened to visit South India as Study tour.
    We got so excited to see the beutiful white jasmine and I don't know another orange one, it too looked beautiful, every girl of our group brought 2-3 strings of jasmine for their hair. None of us has pleats, most of us have simple pony tails or blunt cut, but still this fact could not stopped us to put those beutiful flowers on our hair. Whole of the day, we roam around with those flowers on our hair, sometimes resizing it........as the pin used to slip for blunt hair.........
    We kept the strings till dinner. For dinner as we entered one hotel, all the inmates stared at us with awe........Jeans/salwar/skirt clad girls with flowers on hair......looked funny though, but we enjoyed that..........
    Take care.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Sathya
    as always admired your cute writeup. so shweet..

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

thanks viju
    that sure is great appreciation
    from someone who writes so well

thank you chithra
    for liking the way i write

sathya

4. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi every body
    People in north also admire flowers & is quite commen to wear them on occassions like marrige ,bridal makeup ,party etc by young girls & ladies now a days.
    I really admire the Gajras & when I went to B'lore few years back I specifically purchased one to wear in my hair .
    I have a beautiful HARSINGAR tree in my garden & it gives such small white flowers with flame orange stem & now is the season for blooming it & whole of the lawn below it is covered with these flowers in the morning such ab'ful site & so fragrent smell.

5. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Hi TwinsMom,

Me too from Thrissur. Nice to meet u here.

Rgds..

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viju, the flower thieves are a real nuisance. In my holiday home down south they freely walk in take the flowers and when I challenge them tell me that they had my wife's permission and if both of us caught them, they say the guard had allowed them and they have been plucking flowers all along when we were in Delhi. A real blooming blog in flowery prose.