1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A big Hi to all the members.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kinnu, Nov 4, 2008.

1. kinnu

kinnu New IL'ite

Hi, my pet name is kinnu.my family consisits of my husband,3chidren,2teenage daughters,1 son,who is a slow learner,my mil,&fil .my hus is out on business trip for almost 20 days a month.u guys can imagine my plight.i have to take care of my bedridden mil, fil,though healthy doesnt help in any work,my son who needs lot of attention,my dauters r busy with their college work ,so iam a exausted dil as my inlaws expect a lot from their bahu.my 3 sil stay close by & keep visitin us & always advise me on how to take care of their parents .Attimes iam so frustrated i feel like running away.I wanted to pour in my emotions &take suggestions from u guys.being wit u all ,i feel i have many friends with whome i can share my feeling & b myself.

2. sonu1973

sonu1973 New IL'ite

hi Kinnu

I feel for you....u in a difficult position....is it not possible that ur husband could change his job so that he can be more around home...

Or can u not speak to you husband so that maybe u can get help with caring for ur inlaws...ie carer....that may take a bit of the burden of you...

I presume you dont work?????

I guess ur children are studying so it hard for them to help u out too...

Maybe speak to your sister in law too and ask them if they can help out aswell sometimes as its too much for you to handle on ur own...

take care

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hi Kinnu,

I think you have been married long enough to take certain things for granted and one of them should be to be able to hire a maid to take care of your MIL if you are in a position to do so. As far as your SILs are concerned, you should be in a position to gently tell them that you do your best or make your husband do that. I know usually the more you do, the more people around you expect and you should learn to say no once in a while so that you don't break down. It is not always easy to manage everything and still manage to be cheerful. So your frustration is understandable and am real glad you chose this site to vent out - you will get a lot of support. I hope things go better for you and good luck.

4. senorita2007

senorita2007 New IL'ite

Hi Kinnu
    I think getting some servant to assist you in your day to day activities will get you sometime for yourself. After so many years, you cant actually hold a darna.... so try to tell them that you are tired and exhausted too and get some outside help and relieve yourself.

all the best.

5. kinnu

kinnu New IL'ite

Hi every one.thanks a lot for ur suggesions,sonu my husband is in this business past 18 years ,not posible to change,Have part time maid,lookin for ful time maid.srama,what u said was right.the more u do,people expect more.i think i should draw a limit &not take **** from my sis,thanks senorita