1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Better Offspring

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jananirbk, May 15, 2010.

1. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

A better offspring

We, human beings always want to prove our biological superiority over other living beings!! We have been seeing that each generation exceeding the previous generation in technology, knowledge, power, ideas, creativity, problem solving skills, etc. What makes us better generation after generation? By correlating behaviors and their consequences constantly, we have always been in the pursuit of reaching the next level!! Every one of us wants our children to be special!! I feel if we want our next generation to excel us, one of the ways is to live our life as best as we can. We have been witnessing athletes breaking up records daily!! There is a saying in Tamil "Thai 8 adi pancha, kutti 16 adi payum!!" Itz nothing but our children excel us, and so, by setting their goals higher and higher, we can make them a better person in the future!! By giving our best in all we do, we are helping our children to be better in the future, I feel!!! I am eagerly waiting for your inputs, friends!! :thumbsup

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Janani

True, I totally agree with you. I also seeing the talents of the youngsters and their children feel I have not taught my chidlren that much. But talents are inborn isnt it. You cant insist anyone to be according to our taste. Chidlren though they are from the same parents are so different. All my children have different talents. Since my husband was a little strict with the children , like if they dont attend music class or any other class he used to get angry, so children also used to loose interest . If children get encouragement only then they proceed in whatever they are doing. My husband has come up with a hard way so he does not like spending money. Because of him being economic only now we are leading a peaceful and loving retired life.

Now my grandchildren are now only smart. So I told my daughters to teach them music because they seem to be interested in music.
    Hope before I leave this world I am able to see them going to school, showing their talents etc.

love
    viji

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Janani
    You are right today's generation is fast and quick in all the ways, fast food:) fast thinking fast reaching to they goals and will never think twice in over reacting too.:) There is always a why???:spin after everything. They are smart that is for sure and we as parents always want them to be the best. And wish they will be more successful in life then us, and have a brighter future then us.