1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Bee Curve!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Aria, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

"According to all known laws of aviation,
    There is no way a bee should be able to fly.
    Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
    The bee, of course, flies anyway.

Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible."

Bee Movie (2007)

Opening quote from the animated movie 'Bee Movie'. The first time I heard the quote 5 years back, hell of a pollen-sucker! How do you manage to do that was my immediate reaction. Few weeks back when I returned to that quote in my living room , ah! uh! oh! Did I miss something back then? Perpending on not the "how" but "why", why do bees do that remind me again.

Have you ever been quashed that your dreams were too airy-fairy?
    Oh, not again, you need to be practical.
    We live in a society and abide by the rules, strictures, drum-rolls whatever.
    What will neighbors think?
    Will art feed hungry mouths?
    Will music light the household lamps?
    Be blessed, you are hominid and not a orangutan
    Be happy, don't be too ambitious
    Be realistic, don't raise beanstalks to imaginary castles
    Look another Zucker-bug!
    Hold on, not everyone can be Kalpana Saroj.
    Stop that chewbacca growl.
    But can you, how will you, what will you and myriad conjugations to send that tremor of doubt.
    You are not strong enough, good enough, fat enough, skinny enough, organic enough, plastic enough
    Don't do this, you can't do that, you will regret it, you are unregenerate.
    You are not crazy! You are not crazier enough! You are too crazy!

Whoa, whoa, is that earwax sealing your dreams and potential? You have reached the right place. No I'm not a quack selling 3-day miracles. But there is nothing like proving someone wrong, the euphoria, the sheer joy of flying in the open skies like the plucky bees do. Don't be shackled with someone's impossibility. You are unique and so are your chances of being possible. If someone says "impossible" it is impossible for them not for you! Redefine your life with your options, your strengths, your capabilities, live your life not someone else's limitations.

Next time someone says to you "But you can't " , just retort "Your argument and cant is sound, nothing but sound" (buzzing of bees). Don't make a bee line and give up! Be that bee curve and toast to your flight! A very happy new chapter in everyone's lives. Make it a fruity year with redefined possibilities!

P.S: BeeBit Deciphering the Mystery of Bee Flight | Caltech

Aria (to reaffirm not that the spliffy style was not overt enough)

14 people like this.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

A fantastic note to start with, Aria! Thanks! Enjoyed reading this. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i knew it, i knew it...when i heard the new accent and words buzzing around the bustling bees i knew who has come back to join the snippets..

For a change i am not running to pick up that dictionary or resorting to google, but pushing that specs right on to my nose and really looking at the post again..now we are far blessed, and possess far more power than the chewbacca or the hominid right.

I wish we allow ourselves and our kids to follow our heart, follow the passion. did i tell you i get a lot of those questions now and then but i just allow myself to smile and move on..

Well i am wabi-sabi. imperfectly perfect and loving being ME. Keeping my learning curve sharp and growing.

And wishing you a wonderful year of discovering more new facets(will not say chapters, that would put an limitation) to the already lovely YOU.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aria,

What a fantastic way to start the new year 2015! Especially, in a year, the human-made planes went down in mysterious ways, you have clearly indicated that humanity should never give up to perfect the art of flying. By declaring that despite a short wing span, the bees fly with determination, you have made a subtle message to the entire universe. Now, I understand why they produce the sweetest product in the world!

Even though our brain is a small community of grey cells, it has the potential to fly with no boundaries. If imagination can go sky high, so is the potential to make impossible ones a possibility. The pain that butterfly experiences coming out of its cocoon could make it live inside forever and face death instead of flying freely from flower to flower. History is made only through someone making it possible when others things it is impossible.

Thank you for this wonderful inspirational post right at the start of the new year. Keep them coming.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aria,
    Fantastic!!!
    Reminds me of Jonathan Livingston seagull of Bach!
    Bees have different set of rules unlike human beings...we are in a shell and dare not come out of shell for fear or not courageous enough, do not want to take the bold step and on and on. So, we frame rules according to our abilities and we dare not cross the line. Of course, exceptions are there. If somebody crosses first reaction is opposition, next indifference and finally acceptance and the last step is following.
    Thank you for a wonderful blog.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  6. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

You are most welcome, RGS!
    Wonder what that glowing candle and artistry signify in your profile picture, surely more than just power cut. Curious to know the metaphor for your moniker emblem. thinkingsmiley

7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

A difficult take for me always to decipher what you write A' the mysterious HLM.

Good that you gist-ified at the end with the great message thr' the buzzing bee.

Keep writing and I need to make use of all the available dictionaries to justify having bought them/visit the web versions.

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

You mean you did not receive my honegram sent yesterday to inform of my arrival?! :mrgreen:

Now, now, what dictionary and what google, all we need is scoop of jocularity and imagination, the locutions are what we would like them to be. I wrangled with a star wars fan that chewbacca is nothing but chewed tobacco.

Gulp! You know it is things like these sweet cooings that I missed last year which only the resident snippelites can concoct.

Same to you Shan hon! Now that is one lovely new year card sealed with sweetest resin.

1 person likes this.
  9. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Dear Viswa,

Once in a while I feel that something is wrong, I mean terribly wrong, like it hits me on a plane that light in the kitchen, I did not turn if off. I knew that I was missing something, something ineffable and now I know that it is the comely hive here and the pleasure of chatting up with kindred souls like you who provide that cue, append, add-on and create a tableau called "il snippet"

Thanking you every time is stultified, I mean you can't be negligent of your duties here to inspire and invigorate confused waifs like me, a 'thank you' is nominal but ensuring that it is delivered to you in warmth, affection and gratitude is mandatory.

Good to be back, even better to catch up with what-i-missed (your last article on origins of J [GG's brilliant camouflage] is worth reading, can't respond as it is clamped).

2 people like this.