1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Beautiful Expression Of Love!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 28, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Beautiful Expression of Love

2. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

I take the privilege of leaving you the first comment Sridhar Sir.

Because mechanically repeating the same set of words and acts is sheer waste of time. I am trying like mad to induce some kind of emotions in our relationship with God.
    Well said.

In my point of view too the content isnt indecent.

Happy to learn more and more things from you.

3. varalotti

Dearmost Preethi,
    (Preethi is my daughter's name and you sound exactly like her)
    You were not only the first to drop a comment but also gave me an immense relief. I was walking on a tight rope and you were the first to tell me that I have not fallen from my standards.
    thanks, Preethi, once again.

love,
    sridhar

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sridharji. Loved it once again. Your blogs are possibly serving the purpose of a gentle aphrodisiac in me to stimulate the love for God even more.

5. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar!
    Emotions play vital role in everything. like singing talking praying.... imagine a person singing without any ardor, a person talking without any spirit! It will be very shallow. so the same goes for prayer too. Again and again you are trying tell in your blogs that prayer without passion is a disaster. We cannot act like robot fixing timings. good going!

"Sex is one of the most beautiful, one of the most powerful expressions of love provided it is within the bounds of morality and happens between human beings united in love."

very well said. nothing outragious in this. you have written with gentle reminders. I personally dont think there is any need to object. As usual great blog!!
    Manjula

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    You have said something in similar lines what my Guru had said. I was recently in India with my son to do prayers for my late DH in the banks of Ganges. My Guru also accompanied us, we bathed and prayed, did Ganga aarthi , after everything i looked at my Guru. He said "Amma please understand that the rituals of pooja are mere tools ,do not get attached to it, do it with love and sincerity the soul will find its way.Even if you don't do the puja ,but you pray with all your hearts the effect is the same. For a person sincerely in love with God he needs to do no puja , every thought of the Divine is a puja. Those who have not reached this state of constant love of Divine needs to do puja."
    Ofcourse you have said it similar lines. Lovely ! as usual i must say another gem.
    Jaya

7. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar
    One more gem from your pen

I love reading your blogs and this time your metaphor is excellent .You need not be hesitant because everyone who is a regular follower of your blogs can understand your intentions and see into the inner meaning which is apparent rather than words you use to convey them
    Regarding your blog mentioning love towards God I couldn’t prevent myself in quoting few lines, which I read recently.
    If I hand you a violin and say you have capability to use it to make a incredible music I’m not lying.
    You do have capability but you’ll need enormous amounts of practice to manifest it.
    This is no different from learning to use mind.
    Well-directed thoughts are a learned skill.
    To manifest an intention requires laser like focus full of sensory visualization and profound belief
    People who exhibit greater natural ability than other are those enlightened minds who performed miracles. Like rumi ramanujan etc They achieved APOTHEOSIS

Why I narrated this is until now I wandered in darkness but after your introduction to saints and their teachings I started developing interest towards reading their preaching which brought illumination to my darkness and filled my mind with clarity towards love to god and gave me chance to veer away from the abyss.

As you said that when we are ecstatic we should shed our tears. Today when your blog reminded me of many such writings which i read brought tears in my eyes.

Thank you for making me to enjoy the love of god through your writings

Love sreedevi

8. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Sriderji,

Great as usual.
    Most of the massacres and killings are happening in the name of god.
    How the way they can reach to god by killing others? How god can appear as a devil in their minds? May be no single word answer for that, I know..
    Hope to see you again.

With love
    Ayyan

9. Poojaxyz

Poojaxyz New IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,
    This is the first time, I am reading your series of conversations ‘Dialogues with Maran’. It is really an interesting read.
    Not sure whether it is relevant to the context, but wanted to share my thoughts.
    The Master in your story said, “Son, when you are in communion with God, when you are praying with all your heart, you can hear a sparrow’s cries ten thousand miles away.”
    Is it really possible for a human to achieve this in his/her life time??
    I used to read books on Vivekananda. From reading all the books, it occurred to me that it is not impossible for a human to become God. In fact I believe inside my heart of hearts that it’s not impossible. But how to go about it?
    I want to remind the words of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa in this context.
    “People always worry for the material things. They cry and cry for name, fame, property, their beloved ones…..Why don’t they cry for GOD? Instead of longing for those material things and worldly pleasures, if they long to see GOD, it’s highly possible that they can see the Almighty.”
    Those are not his exact words. But content is the same.
    My doubt is how can a normal person with all his responsibilities, set them aside and long for GOD and cry that he is not able to see GOD?? Is there no way that a person without renouncing the world, without leaving his family behind, performing his duties as usual and becoming a successful person in this materialistic world, can see GOD at the same time??
    Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa also says,”I can see GOD, as I see u. The only difference is, I can see GOD with even more clarity”. Can that be possible for a normal person??
    Regards,
    Pooja.

10. varalotti

Well said, Shree. If only my blogs could serve as gentle aphrodisiacs to remind of His eternal, universal, all-consuming love, then I would have done my part. Time spent in all loneliness before the system would not have been spent in vain.
    Happier still to note that the blog has been accepted generally. I was afraid that there might be some objections to the use of the metaphor. But ILites have displayed their maturity - they are as matured as my fictional character Ezhil
    thanks once again, shree.
    sridhar