1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Badminton Player and a Veena Maestro Taught Me Gita!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 25, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Badminton Player And A Veena Maestro

2. ranisuresh

ranisuresh Senior IL'ite

Very well Narration SridharJI...Simply superb as usual. Iam too happy to post the first feedback.

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    That was a real touching post . I have learnt of late, that whatever insignificant work we do , if there is total concentration and absorption and karthruthva thyagam, itt not only gives us joy and satisfaction but also but uplifts our very soul.
    I very well concur with your above lines.
    Every such experience in life takes us one step closer to God.
    Love
    Malathi

4. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hello Sir,

As usual no words to descirbe the feeling.

Sometimes we , ordinary people think, why other who is talented and we are not. But we forget to see the hardwork they place in the things they do.

I have not read Geeta yet, But have seen Mahabharat and in that heard about "YOG".

The people you met ,are classic example of yog.And I am sure they must be very near to lord. If you engage yourself completely and devote yourself to the work assigned to you by HIM. then you are bound to be close to him.

Hope one day I will be able to be lost in my work completely , not possible as i dont like my office :)

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I fully understand and endorse your views. Being an artiste and having gone through these experiences of Rasanubhavam whenever we had opportunities to meet great dancers and interacting with them.....wow, that feels an ERA , so loooong ago, ......these old time gurus were literally living their Art form, their thoughts , actions everything was one always and thats why the were so at ease on stage or even when they did a demo for us that it used to bring instant tears of joy in all of us! That was what we thought was talent or god given gift and that was what it says in natys shastra was RASA which each artiste or anyone trying to excel should focus on by being ONE with be it an ART or SPORT form.
    At some moments when i practise i feel that oneness within and i too feel a joy and i guess if this ONENESS is practised in even our daily mundane jobs it is YOGA , being One with the soul! and ( After all dont they say Practise makes One Perfect!) ..i am sure we will all feel JOY within be it washing dirty vessels or cutting vegetables!...ha ha....sorry to have brought you to the household level, have to after all come down to Ground REALITY! na....:biglaugh
    But glad that you are stepping into different levels and not only experiencing these moments which are rare but also sharing with us Household souls!:thumbsup:bowdown

6. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

wonderful post. The way in which you narrated the incident take us to the real scene of occurrence. I enjoyed the post very well.

Ramavyasarajan

7. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

actually whenever i read this type of things, i will decide that i have to be keep quite in arguments! but i cannot control!
    can you please tell me how to control myself and to stop argument?

This question is not at all related to this post, but still i want to hear from you!

rgds,
    vijaya

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Small things (that's how we had perceived it earlier) make big changes in our attitude and also towards life.
    Your narration of these two incidents are such.
    True, I remember what my mil used to tell us...that my fil used to describe that whatever job we do ..do it with utmost sincerity and become No.1 in that..
    I can relate that statement to the Karma Yoga, now.

sriniketan

9. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir

Superb narration sir !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nowadays i have been checking daily if you have posted a new blog ....bcos in each there is something special to be thought upon and put in practice too !!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Humility makes great men twice honorable” - Benjamin Franklin

two beautiful images from the net...so meaningful..please click on the links to view..

http://www.livingvalues.net/images/posters/Humility8-14.jpg
    http://www.livingvalues.net/images/posters/Humility3-7.jpg

I am really sorry for posting so many images here but i just loved the lines....your blogs make me think overtime....

10. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

As usual, you did again. So beautiful. Thanks, Sridhar.