#_musings

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kaniths, May 30, 2018.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ready to grow up are we? : ) Wardrobe change is a blue sky problem. :yikes: Let's start small. If you could describe your current dressing style in short what would it be? Couple of words or a sentence at most.

kaniths likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Skinny Jeans, Slim-fit Khakis, Casual loose Linen pants, chinos, Capris, Shorts for bottoms. Skirts, long and short (comfy up to knee length). Palazzo pants me no comfy. Jeggins, leggings, etc all okay.

Button down shirts, tops, tees. Short/sleeveless/3/4th. No full sleeves. No floral patterns. Subtle fancy colors and designs are okay. Frills/laces/bows no-no. Blazers pointless in Dubai. Jean jackets in summer, cardigans if it's chilly. I like to layer up. Tuck in whenever with belts.

Kurtis (only short length types). Salwar Kameez loose types no prefer. Only shape fitted with chudi bottoms. Short/3/4th/sleeves or sleeveless fine, no full length. Like Chinese collared. Materials: Cotton. And cotton only. Mixed cotton maybe. No satin, chiffon, or that smooth silky floating types whatever it is called. Nope.

Converse, Sandals, Flip Flops. Sneakers only for actions. No super pointed heels.

Lightweight bracelets, earrings, rings and chain for every day. Big, bold stuff when the occasion occurs but otherwise prefer minimalist jewelry.

Lean. Petite. XS-S. What else? :sweatsmile:

:grin::tonguewink::facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Gauri03

You seem to prefer understated casual outfits. We probably just need to adulti-fy your wardrobe. : ) So no skirts or dresses? What's your preferred aesthetic? I'll post some pictures to help you visualize what I mean. Remember you don't have to have a clear answer to any of these questions and it is perfectly okay to have more than one choice. Style is highly personal and shouldn't fit into a neat little category. We are not aiming to look like clones of Victoria Beckham. You need to discover what looks good on you and more importantly what makes you feel good. But in order to create a curated adult wardrobe it is necessary to explicitly articulate your preferences. Most of us pick clothes based on some unstated set of rules we have developed over time. You need to extract them from your head and put them in writing.

kaniths likes this.
  4. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Spent all night sleepless in fan forums and needed some silent space away to let the event sink in as the Legend calls it lights out "f* finally" and will walk away from F1 after one last race today - it's going to be my most heartbreaking moment ever!

Screenshot_2021-12-12-06-16-54-610_com.android.chrome~01.png

End of an Era! Cry cry! :sob::sob::sob::(

5. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

So much drama in the circuit today! Annnd damn Kimi. Not the finish I wished for him. Not surprised either. He has got luck that's like mine. :/ Goodbye dear Champion. *Respect* ♡

(the fangirl that am, lol)

Gauri03 likes this.
  6. Gauri03

Kimi was done and dusted a long time ago. His luck is hardly worth thinking about when (Sir) Hamilton got robbed like that. Horner and Verstappen, both Jr and Sr, are utter racists and beyond insufferable! :mad:

7. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Your sentiments are understandable as a Hamilton supporter. There was a huge uproar from fans all over on SM the very same evening (and ongoing). Disappointing indeed that Mercedes had changed their minds about appealing and have withdrawn. Seems Hamilton didn't show up for the Championship Gala - a rule breach I read. Don't know how it will turn out for/against him later (if it will even make any difference given how FIA is blaming everyone but themselves for the mess). Sigh. Hopefully, he comes back stronger for the next season. Congratulations on the Knighthood! :beer-toast1:

On a side note: you know who else has challenged Lewis previously and won the race(s) fair and square? Rosberg and... Kimi baby! :hearteyes: But once upon a long time ago, I know, lol. By his ill-luck, I meant his entire career of 20yrs at racing. You had to have followed him all along to understand what I mean. Such a capable driver to win championships, something just didn't turn out right for him. He'll be remembered and missed as a great driver that he is. :(

Schumi, Alonso, Kimi... I have always been #TeamFerrari but had quit on them after they had to let go Kimi. Kinda liked Carlos and Leclerc as a team this year (underrated I feel), with all the new spec changes and cars, maybe...it's time for Ferrari's comeback!! Looking forward to a competitive 2022! :cheer:

Side note 2: You know who else could be silently cashing in on the controversies and rivalries? Netflix, bingo! ;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    Gauri03 likes this.