#_musings

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kaniths, May 30, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kaniths, you have complicated it further with an abstract formula!!!

Afresh and kaniths like this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:sweatsmile::tearsofjoy::tonguewink::facepalm:

Well, to think, our choices decide outcomes/consequences that in turn determine our fate/future in a broader scope. Not all choices are good, not all bad either. Indeed relative to the situations. :thinking: What actions you didn't perform may still count as "sins" for Karma to "punish" you for the same. Say the case of Dhritarashtrar for not trying to stop Dhuchadanan. In another sense, lying to Droner about Ashwathama was perfectly okay for the Lord himself. :rolleye: Greater good matters and everything is relative to that I suppose. :grazy:

Afresh and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yes, in that sense what you say makes sense. But I'd personally term that as a cascade effect. As for the statement highlighted in 'blue', well, I did experience this just last week. There was an action - judgement. Karma - being judged back! :p True, there is no absolute black or absolute white. There are various shades of grey.

Afresh and kaniths like this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

This 'Ignorance' of consequences or dimensions/aspects could also apply in the above cases; which is what could apply to the discussions happening in the discussion on Nature's designs vs Man's
    Eg
    For birds, hearing is second in importance only to vision for monitoring the world around them. Avian hearing is most sensitive to sounds from about 1 to 4 kHz, although they can hear higher and lower frequencies

For a person
    with normal hearing, when it comes to pitch the human hearing range starts low at about 20 Hz. That’s about the same as the lowest pedal on a pipe organ. On the other side of the human hearing range, the highest possible frequency heard without discomfort is 20,000Hz. While 20 to 20,000Hz forms the absolute borders of the human hearing range, our hearing is most sensitive in the 2000 - 5000 Hz frequency range.

Now only If this could be applied according to human relationships , wherein grading of frequencies between MIL and DIL wouldn't match; then one wouldn't understand or ever know that the other has spoken anything to them/about them and the world would have been a peaceful place :innocent::clap2:!!

That's a world project worth undertaking to divide the human races according to prevalent social divisions in varying frequencies of hearing levels

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Agriculture was the actual #PandoraBox of everything? :neutral:

Did agriculture start inequality? - Big Think.
    How the Agricultural Revolution made us inequal.

"We chose quantity over quality" ....! :mask:

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    startinganew and Afresh like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#WorldMeditationDay

dbzzz0~01.png

This came up on my feed yesterday. I like to contribute to #citizenscience projects, have a few ongoing too. To do my bit for "World Meditation Day", I observed some readings during my morning jog at random "quiet spots" today. :relaxed:

(Silence)
    dbzzz1.JPG

(Silence with some birds chirping)
    dbzzz2.JPG

(With a bee buzzing in the bush, distant pickup van engine sounds and some people murmuring nearby)
    dbzzz3.JPG

(Near the main road, but no vehicles)(right below from where I live)
    dbzzz4.JPG

(Contd...)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    startinganew, Gauri03 and Afresh like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

(Finally, at my home)(using the app directly)
    dbzzzH~01.jpg

I googled and looked up.
    dbzzzNL.jpg

Inferences from "my little experiment" :sleeping: :

Ambiance noise is "fairly loud" for a "quiet morning". :flushed: Sigh. Good to know though. :relieved:

Leaving the link here for anyone interested and like to contribute to the project or, you know, just simply curious. :innocent:

Silent Earth by NASA @ SciStarter
    Silent Earth - SciStarter

PS: You have to install the app and register with an email.

startinganew and Gauri03 like this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

This part of IL (should I say in the whole of the internet too? :smile:) is least bothered with so guess can dump any content here? :tongueout:

May 18/19, Saturday:

I kinda felt all the seriousness of the world for a Saturday a little tooo much and wished to do something silly. Impromptu. And I made a Twitter bot. :innocent:

I'm more of an emoji and hashtags person. It's the first thing came to my mind when I thought about what to do. Quickly added a mash-up list of the same as a data set which the program will randomly shuffle, to come up with smilies and a useful hashtag in combination as status messages. Something like this:

botzzz-2.png

After maybe 1000 tweets later I can extract the data for analysis, say watch for any patterns, etc and try to visualize. The abstract idea right now is to observe the tweets and figure out if the twitter bot is a happy/sad/angry/fun bot. I actually wish for it to be more neutral - be anything that is not me like! :relieved:

The account is live already but the first automated tweet is scheduled only after 6hrs, so gotta wait until then. The best part was while parsing the code. Given all the kawaii inputs, the system just wouldn't let me have it easy! Fun all the way to make it work, felt like an intern all over again. Enjoyed much. That counts right? :relaxed:

Hopefully, the bot will start on a #happy tweet note! :facepalm:

#Tick-ticking! :wink1:

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Even better! :tearsofjoy:

botzzzFT.JPG

Aww! :hearteyecat: Like Parent, Like Child! :grin::tonguewink:

Lol. This is my positive today! :beer-toast1:

#NowBack2SeriousBusinesszzz :sleeping:

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Gauri03 and Paripoorna like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#LazyBrowsing

Something came up on my feeds today reminding me about the cuteness of Japanese seasons names. Just thought to share. :innocent:

In the traditional Japanese calendar, a year is divided into 24 sub-seasons (borrowed from ancient Chinese, where it's 24 solar terms or 'Jie Qi'). Each of these sub-seasons further into '' or "micro-seasons", that lasts about 5 days, so 72 in a year.

More interesting are the season's names...:grinning:

February 4–8th (東風解凍) 'Harukaze kōri o toku' - "East wind melts the ice"

February 9–13 (黄鶯睍睆) 'Kōō kenkan su' - "Bush warblers start singing in the mountains"

February 14–18 (魚上氷) 'Uo kōri o izuru' - "Fish emerges from the ice"

February 19–23 (土脉潤起) 'Tsuchi no shō uruoi okoru' - "Rain moistens the soil"

February 24–28 (霞始靆) 'Kasumi hajimete tanabiku' - "Mist starts to linger"

....full list here (Japan’s 72 Microseasons).

I checked for the current week (May 21st-25th) and it is 'Kaiko Okite Kuwa o hamu' (蚕起食桑) - "Silkworms Start Feasting on Mulberry Leaves"!

How very haiku much! :hearteyes:

Hm, named based on the natural happenings around that time of the year I guess. On that note, I wonder if Tamil/other Indian calendar months are also named after seasonal happenings? But for short names maybe, should dig their etymologies to figure! :oops:

I'm totally inspired! So you see, next in the #SaturdaySilliness, it could be a HaikuBot coming up! :grin: #SaveYourselves! :lol: :facepalm: :tonguewink:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Gauri03 and Anusha2917 like this.