1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

9 months baby's head not round - worried mom

Discussion in 'Infants' started by poornimaln, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poornimaln

poornimaln New IL'ite

hi, my baby's head wasn't round from birth ... when i was in my mom's place she was able to round it off by massage and stuff ... but here it started flattening again ... i'm so worried .. she's 9 months old now ... its rounder after she started turning over and stuff, but it isn't round yet ... can someone tell me how long will it take for an infant's head to round up? or is it too late for me to massage her head? from when does a child's skull bones start hardening up? kindly lemme know :drowning:help

2. fasiha

fasiha New IL'ite

hello poornimah,
    It is bit late now but try, take a cotton dupatta and make round circles,and use it as a pillow make sure it fits properly to your baby's head and then put her to sleep.

3. poornimaln

poornimaln New IL'ite

hi, i've tried that ... its working, but its getting round slowly ... when my mom visited, she told me that it wasn't that bad .. but i'm worried ... so, i'm trying different sleeping positions for her head to round up ... i'll try your idea and let you know .. thx :)

4. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Poornima....has it anything to do with your LO's HC? If the HC is fine as evaluated by the pead, then why are you so worried about the shape of the head...according to me, the shape of the face , head etc cannot really be dramatically alteredwith massage....

Deepa.

1 person likes this.
  5. poornimaln

poornimaln New IL'ite

hi enlightened,
    Wt's LO and HC? by massage i dont mean the one that they do to the adults .. they just rub and pat the baby's head while bathing it ... anyway, we had her head-tonsuring ceremony a few days back and it doesn't look so bad :))) :2thumbsup: .. i'm less anxious now ...

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Don't worry,
    just massage the head whenever you have time in circular motion, very softly. It will become alright. I think it is not late at all. Our Adhu's mom can help you better, she is a doctor.

7. Padmakonar

Padmakonar New IL'ite

My child is 10 and half months flat head on left back side

My child's head is flat from left back side. She is 10 and half months old. Will her head become round. Pls help.

8. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

by the age of 1 it will become round don't worry .Worst case there are helmets available.talk to yoru doctor

9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Don't worry try different sleeping position and try to use bean pillow for baby.....

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.