1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

9 month old-Food in UK

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by prettywomen123, Jul 12, 2010.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

My son will be 9 months in september. I am currently in India and will be going back in september. I work full time.I am quite worried what kind of solid foods I can give. Can experienced mom's help me figure out a solid food menu once I reach UK.?I was looking at Heinz and cow and gate products but not sure if they are good enough. I would like to know what cereal is best and also other foods to give. During weekends I can give him rice dhal and idly.

Right now , he is 7 months and I am giving him ragi, easum and idly as solid foods. One aavin milk feed and 2 formula feed(Enfapro A+).

Regards
    PW

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My son is now 2 years old, this is what I used to feed him when he was 9 months old:

Morning:
    Formulae milk - Cow and Gate - 180 mls
    Breakfast time: Mashed vegetables - one per day - introduced one by one from 6 months - just steam it nicely, mash and feed it. Never added salt.
    Alternately, I gave him the Baby Cereal - just add water (It is similar to the Cerelac we get in India)

Mid morning: Cow and gate milk - 120 mls+liga biscuits or soft rusk

Lunch: I used to give the following alternatives:

1. Steamed rice+moong dal : add little ghee
    2. Cow and gate food jars - I started with the 4+ months - rice pudding My son used to like it very much (I started giving this even while I was at home so that he gets used to food jars and it is very handy when travelling)
    3. Sabudana Khuzh - Learned it from my MIL

Followed by formulae milk sometime after lunch

Evening snack: Raisins (black ones are good)
    Pori (Puffed rice). They love to play with it and eat at the same time
    Half a banana or apple.

Night: Again something similar to lunch.
    Bed time milk

I started giving water at regular intervals and after every meal.

3. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be joining work and its a 9-6 job so I'll mostly be leaving my son in a day care..It will be difficult for me to make home made stuff. Is cowand gate the best brand or if there is any other brand for breakfast, lunch , can any one tell me?

Regards
    PW

4. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hello

My daugher is 6 months old/ We live in the usa currently. We will be going to india and around october when she will turn 8 months we wil l move to london.

I am clueless about london. Could you through some light about apts and baby food , cost .

Is there anything you recommend i buy from USA

Tanku