1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

9 month old-Food in UK

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by prettywomen123, Jul 12, 2010.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

My son will be 9 months in september. I am currently in India and will be going back in september. I work full time.I am quite worried what kind of solid foods I can give. Can experienced mom's help me figure out a solid food menu once I reach UK.?I was looking at Heinz and cow and gate products but not sure if they are good enough. I would like to know what cereal is best and also other foods to give. During weekends I can give him rice dhal and idly.

Right now , he is 7 months and I am giving him ragi, easum and idly as solid foods. One aavin milk feed and 2 formula feed(Enfapro A+).

Regards
    PW

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My son is now 2 years old, this is what I used to feed him when he was 9 months old:

Morning:
    Formulae milk - Cow and Gate - 180 mls
    Breakfast time: Mashed vegetables - one per day - introduced one by one from 6 months - just steam it nicely, mash and feed it. Never added salt.
    Alternately, I gave him the Baby Cereal - just add water (It is similar to the Cerelac we get in India)

Mid morning: Cow and gate milk - 120 mls+liga biscuits or soft rusk

Lunch: I used to give the following alternatives:

1. Steamed rice+moong dal : add little ghee
    2. Cow and gate food jars - I started with the 4+ months - rice pudding My son used to like it very much (I started giving this even while I was at home so that he gets used to food jars and it is very handy when travelling)
    3. Sabudana Khuzh - Learned it from my MIL

Followed by formulae milk sometime after lunch

Evening snack: Raisins (black ones are good)
    Pori (Puffed rice). They love to play with it and eat at the same time
    Half a banana or apple.

Night: Again something similar to lunch.
    Bed time milk

I started giving water at regular intervals and after every meal.

3. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be joining work and its a 9-6 job so I'll mostly be leaving my son in a day care..It will be difficult for me to make home made stuff. Is cowand gate the best brand or if there is any other brand for breakfast, lunch , can any one tell me?

Regards
    PW

4. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hello

My daugher is 6 months old/ We live in the usa currently. We will be going to india and around october when she will turn 8 months we wil l move to london.

I am clueless about london. Could you through some light about apts and baby food , cost .

Is there anything you recommend i buy from USA

Tanku