1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8months old baby not drinking infant formula milk.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Priyankitha, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Priyankitha

Priyankitha New IL'ite

My baby stopped drinking infant formula powder milk.I used to feed her both breast milk and formula milk.bt from 15-20 days she is not showing interest in drinking formula milk.whenever I try to feed her she spit outs the milk.paediatrician told me to give her "calcium-p" syrup daily..and also buffalo milk with water mixing in milk to reduce the thickness of milk consistency for baby.she don't even drink Buffalo milk tooo. N also I am in dilemma what to feed and how to feed my baby.can anyone suggest me what food is to be given to my baby and at what tym? Plz anyone give me the food list to be given to my baby..

Thankyou,
    Priya

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

Is she atleast taking BM from you or bottle? If it is bottle thing, as someone suggested in this forum to me, try switching bottles or sippy cups. Otherwise, it could be teething

Since she is 8 months, she must be taking solids also. If not liking formula, at least solids will help with rest of nutrients need. Also give her yogurts.
    and keep trying. Kids have these phases and they surprise you each time.

My daughter shows me new phases each 15-20 days. At 1 yr, she stopped milk but was taking solids. Now she takes milk but will not touch not solids.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Are you feeding her through bottles? If yes,you should be changing the teats(nipples) every 15 days. Please check. Try giving with cup and spoon/Sippy cup

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

might be she is not liking the taste of it. why dont u just give pure buffalo milk. u need not mix water to it. just add little sugar to milk and give. hope she will drink that.
    also u should start giving her fruits and boiled veggies. it is ok if she takes solid and dont drink milk. anyhow you are feeding her so it is absolutely fine if she doesnt drink milk.
    also u can make juice or soup and feed her.

5. Priyankitha

Priyankitha New IL'ite

Hi radha,
    What you said might be correct.. I will try changing to new nipple. Thank you .. :)

2 people like this.
  6. Priyankitha

Priyankitha New IL'ite

Hi sanju,
    It is really nice idea. I don't know that at dis tym sippy cups must be given to babies. Thank you for ur goodness.. :)

7. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

I had the same issue with my DS starting 6 months. He hated formula in any form bottle or sippy. At 8 months he refused bottle. I started giving him in sippy cup, which he is used to take some days (only BM pumped). At evening and night he used to take BM. To compensate that I used to give him yogurt and cheese.

As your ped suggested you can try buffalo milk also try different flavors like adding fruit puree etc that worked form my DS some times.

It to my DS 6 months to get used to drinking milk daily, so just be patient, if he refused give him in other forms like smoothies, kherr, etc.

hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  8. Priyankitha

Priyankitha New IL'ite

Hi Viki,

Ya it really helps me.. Thank-you :)

9. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

Dont give Animal milk till LO turns 1yr its not good at all as there are risk of allergies, primary nutrition should come from either Breast milk or formula only...please try different nipples or sippy cup or straw cup or paladi

Please refer this article for more info Whole Cow Milk for Baby - When Should Babies Switch to Whole Cow Milk from Formula or Breastmilk

But you can cook some thing in animal milk like sheera/oatmeal form, if you are worried about your Lo's calcium intake give him curd/cheese/paneer/tofu.

Hope this helps

1 person likes this.