1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8+ Months Baby not sleeping properly in night.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by celebrate, Jun 7, 2010.

1. celebrate

celebrate New IL'ite

My baby is 8 1/2 Months old...is waking up in the night at every three hours and goes to sleep after having a bottle of milk.

Yesterday We fed him dinner(Cereal + sweet potato ) at 7.30 pm and then Formula(150 ml) at 9.00 and put him to sleep at 9.30 he got up and feed him(BM 150 MIL) in his bed in sleep at 11.00 before we slept but he got up at 1.30 cried for milk and gain at 5.30 ..

I'm working full time it’s really exhausting to get up in night like this.

He was a good sleeper a few months back.. Where he used to sleep 6- 7 hrs at a steach.

When we observed his sleeping pattern he starts rolling and become restless when he is hungry and then he patt him to sleep and he starts crying hyper after an hour so that we need to console him and then give him a bottle but if we give him a bottle when he starts to roll and restless there is no crying hyper happens..

I’m confused as it can anxiety or hunger...

Note: He is not teething he already got his lower two teeth...His latest mile stone are he catching the table and walking.In the morning time he is super active and happy baby who has to be force fed meaning who wants to Play and play without hunger .

2. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

try giving some solid food like idly which will be soft on his stomache. if the food is heavy /not sufficient /thirstiness etc., might be reason for his rolling .

3. weee

weee New IL'ite

Hi Celebrate,
    My baby also gets up twice in the night so I think its normal . What my MIL tells is baby countinues to get up in the night until they start eating food like us
    Me too woking fulltime plus lots of travel and Gym so I understand how exhausting it is.
    but MIL there to help me so not much work like urs .
    Regards,
    V

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

How long has this been going on? Did you get back to work recently? If so the change in caregiver (from you to someone else) causes separation anxiety?

OR

It could be a growth spurt? May be he is jsut hungry because he is not getting fed properly during the day? @ 8 months your baby should be getting 3 meals and milk...You need to increase his intake of food during the day so by night time he will be full...You cannot feed him all at once so increase the frequency of meals during the day and the quantity... Is he getting enough Protein? If not you need to give dal rice or some other protein related food so as to keep his stomach full...cereal and vegetables are probably not filling his stomach.

OR

Did anything change the past couple of days? Did he get sick recently? Any new shots?

Also, when LO's reach a new milestone or learn a new acitivity like walking their sleep gets disrupted...I have read on Baby center that when LO's learn a new skill they keep practising it even in their sleep...

Hope your son goes back to his old sleeping schedule..