1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8 months baby food menu schedule

Discussion in 'Infants' started by BuviVishal, Dec 11, 2013.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

I just want to confirm whether I am feeding correctly or not. This is the routine food

Idly with milk
    Smashed apple or carrier (after boiled carrort will smashed by mixie)
    Mixed veggies like one piece beetroot, carrot, potato, beans then will grind it
    Rice with milk or deal
    Raggi kangi

Giving these in every two to three hours gap. She is also liked these

Can you please tell is anything I have to change it.. Is this enough for her at this stage?

One more doubt.. She is pooping three times or two times daily. Whatever I fed the same thing coming out without changing the color. Whether its digested or not.. Is it normal?

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes. You are going in the right direction. The only change I would suggest is to stop grinding. Overcook veggies and then mash it with hand. That way she would learn to chew. (Teeth are not required for chewing).

2-3 times pooping is fine. Usually I find that babies are not able to digest carrots. My DD was the same. I stopped carrots for a while.

Beetroot usually changes poop color. So you can check if your DD is able to digest other vegetables by stopping beets for 2-3 days (since beets color can be misleading).

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

I tried to mash by hand. She struggling to chew . I fearing it will give trouble inside her stomach. That's why I am grinding it.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is she choking or gagging when you try to give heer mashed food? If not then there should be no problem in her stomach. If yes, thn try mashing it with potato masher and diluting the consistency.

By the way do you grind idli, rice too. If she is able to accept rice without grinding evrything else should be ok too.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You seem to be doing everything right bhuvi. Mine was also a little texture sensitive. I also had to grind everything until 10 months and then started mashing.
    Yes, its common for the poo color to change and poo 2-3 times. It will come down as the time goes by; at 2 years, mine does only once now and max twice if she is having anything super rich in fiber.