1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

7 stages of marriage

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Huma, May 3, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Every marriage is unique, but most follow a similar path that flows through seven stages. Understanding the work required at each can give you a road map for handling rough times and help you and your spouse focus on how to be happy, secure and satisfied.

Stage 1: Passion.....The honeymoon phase,when romance and attraction lead to commitment.

Stage 2: Realisation.....Disappointment and conflict mark this unavoidable period. The challenge?..... Laying the groundwork for a long future together.

Stage 3: Rebellion.......Self-interest versus shared interests. Knowing the difference between a destructive desire to flee and a healthy need to be your true self is the key test.

Stage 4: Co-operation....... In time, marriage means managing money, building careers, bringing up kids. Going from lover to partner to parent can get rocky.

Stage 5: Reunion...Once the kids have left, then what? For happy couples, it's time to enjoy each other. But this can be hard. Passion's embers need stoking expectations need rejigging.

Stage 6: Explosion... Job loss, health woes, a parent's death- at midlife, such events can come in waves. Will your marriage be a source of solace or tested by new roles and fears?

Stage 7: Completion.....Marital bliss often soars after decades together because "knowing" each other now has a deeper meaning- and a bigger pay-off.

and i am wondering at what stage your marriage is in?

bye and good night

2. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Huma,

A very nice post and am enjoying Stage 4:yes:

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Huma,

a good one & I never thought it could be confined to 7 stages -
    I think I'm experiencing stage 1 & stage 4 & stage 5 & ....
    stage 1 - blame it on my hormones
    stage 4 - perfect
    stage 5 - that short breaks/holidays when we get to experience stage 1 again - hey, but without any rejigging - only waiting to explode.....:mrgreen:
    It's a combination of all at times, juggling between schools & hospitals & still romancing perfectly or just sharing mere love sometimes - it's tiring but surely worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Chithra, did you manage to find a KP at your place????? jsut curious :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    Lack confidence in me, Meena, my friend ?
    It is all arranged pucca !
    Just give me " the date" (?!)
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I am in the stage 4 in my life. Going thru lot of compromise, caring, sacrificing.

Thanks,
    Punitha

6. jenny

jenny New IL'ite

Dear Huma,

A very nice post and am enjoying Stage - 4 :yes:
    keep it up
    take care

Jenny:wave