1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

7-Month old not eating dal rice

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by dsrini, Dec 7, 2007.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

My daughter doesn't like dal rice I tried with toor & moong dal but she hates both. I have been trying for a month. She is taking cereals 2 times(breakfast , dinner) I want to give her our food for lunch but its not working.

Plz suggest any indian food.

-DSrini

2. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi

My kid was also like that .But i started to give him dal with veg n he liked it .I used to cook carrot n beans with dal n after it is cooked i used to add curryleaves n let it become thick. then to that i will add little rice .Try this if u have started giving her veggies otherwise u can wait without forcing her .

regards

santasekar

3. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

hi DSrini,
    try giving her idlli with ghee as breakfast in the morning, which is very good.And you can give cereal for lunch.I started giving dal rice after my son turned 8 months,actually close to 9 months.so now he is 10 months old he eats rice with dal and vegetables, because he dosent want to eat gerber vegetables.try it
    vanisri

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    From my personnel experience I feel expecting a 7-month old baby to eat 3-times a day is unrealistic.May be she/he is not hungry during lunch time.As baby grows and does more activities u can try giving lunch.Or try limiting milk during mid-morning.My son started liking dal-rice when he was 11 months.Mash rice in mixie or blender to smooth texture.Some children will like that.
    Few suggestions 1. Hard-boiled egg (yolk alone is enough) at this age
    2. Veg puree(home made)
    3. Rice-moong dal kichdi(soft ven pongal removing cumin and pepper)
    4. Chapathi soaked in milk or sambar

Hope this helps.
    With Regards,Supriya

5. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks everyone for ur reply. Supriya u r right even I feel the same even though she eats very little cereal for breakfast. But doctor asked me to give food 3 times. But I am planning to wait for couple of months then try rice.

Thanks all
    -Dsrini