1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

7 Days Challenge: Me And A Pal

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by helpmeangel, Sep 11, 2016.

1. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Ladies!

After umpteen failed attempts at all sorts of diets and challenges, me and a friend @PriyaSrini decided to not give in and give it up altogether. But we will cruise through slow and sure.

So we have created a customized challenge for ourselves, wherein we will start off with short burst of challenges lasting 7 days. We will modify them as we go and get ourselves fit in the wake.

My Challenge:

Keep my calorie intake under 1200 calories, each day for the next 7 days. To aid in counting calories, I have a calorie count app in my phone, hopefully it is accurate.

Priya's challenge:

8000 steps a day for the next 7 days.

We will periodically update our progress and make sure we win together!

Laks09, Manojs and PriyaSrini like this.

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Our challenge is official now, ahem!! No more excuses HMA :thumbsup: :D. Let's watch each other's back and set forth on our challenge.

This challenge is open to all ILites who want to join us, the more the merrier so hop on and let's get fit :treadmill:

kaniths, jskls and helpmeangel like this.
  3. Manojs

Manojs Silver IL'ite

Why only for 7 days? Make it a daily habit girls.Anyone into strength training? If yes lets share details here and motivate each other.

Lathasv, ssudhan and somsar2014 like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@PriyaSrini I am walking 10K or more steps atleast 5 days a week for quiet sometime now. So do u share ur daily /weekly steps here? My trails have been uphill/downhill and never a flat one !

kaniths and PriyaSrini like this.
  5. PriyaSrini

Baby steps Manoj, HMA and I finalised on this after some tried and tested attempts. We hope to increase the pace over the next few weeks.

The motive of this thread is to encourage each other and stay committed to it, irrespective of the fitness or diet challenge we set up on ourselves. So if you have a goal, join us and leave an update here.

Manojs and helpmeangel like this.
  6. helpmeangel

Hi All,

First day was good, but could have been better. I stand at an approximate 1365 calories for the day. So have overshot my calorie intake by around 200 calories. I am going to see the trend this week and come to an optimum calorie plan. The one mistake I made was, having some fries. It was handed to me on a platter when I was getting ready for dinner and I just gobbled it up without thinking. I should have avoided that. Oh well! Lesson learned. No eating on impulse.

PriyaSrini and Manojs like this.
  7. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

All the very best HMA and Priya !! Go girl(s) go !! Hit the slopes, walk the trails and melt that stubborn fat and achieve those nerves of steel and strength of iron !!

HMA,

I did some changes in my diet and incorporated some "healthy" food inplace of bhujia and murukku and can see change in a week. I need some time to elaborate my present life style vs my earlier one. Will do it soonish.

In the mean time, while you are working out avoid negativity as much as you can !! you dont deserve that !

PriyaSrini likes this.
  8. helpmeangel

hey sbonigala!

thanks for the push gal! lookingg forward to your next post to us soon.. :)

sbonigala likes this.
  9. PriyaSrini

You should try "sharing" HMA, keep just 1 fry for yourself and give the rest away ;).

My first day turned out to be hectic but I managed to stay active and on my feet and just managed to cross my 8K target. Day 2 was really good, did a 30 min workout in the morning and found time to go for a walk later in the evening, did 9k.

Manojs and helpmeangel like this.
  10. helpmeangel

Great going Priya!! Am super proud of you!! :)

My Day 2 was good as well. Was able to control my intake to around 1300 cals, though there was a cheat of half a glass of Fanta running to about 100+ wasted calories. But well, my taste buds are satisfied too, at the end of the day!

Manojs likes this.