1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

60 Days to loosing 10 lbs..The Journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Bina, Jul 11, 2007.

1. SunitaGN

SunitaGN New IL'ite

Hi Bina,

Good thread to start :2thumbsup:

I lost 4 lbs (out of the 15 I put on after marriage) I still need to lose about 9 more lbs to be at my ideal weight..

But I am not able to lose a anymore from here! I go by phases... 2 weeks I am very good and I lose 2 lbs... then suddenly I become bad :icon_frown: and put back those 2 lbs back. So I am where I began.

I don't know what to do. I like tasty stuff (cant eat salads, sandwiches) so I made other changes. Like I stopped using oil for cooking (use PAM instead), dont use whole milk (lowfat instead), I use sweetener instead of sugar etc...

After I did this, I lost 4 more lbs :yes: and now I am 5 to go.

Please give me more such suggestions if you can.... I have to have spicy food (soups is good), I can avoid sweet... but I need spicy food :wink:

Good Luck everyone!!

Will keep posting the updates.

Sunita

2. Nimi

Nimi New IL'ite

Hi,
    This indeed is a great thread. And Bina I agree with u totally. Food portions are important. Just giving up on ricing and binging on rotis and other food will not help u to lose weight!

I was wondering, don't u all think that we need to post on this thread our height and weight, so each one of us will be able to gauge exactly how much weight we need to lose, and we could urge each onto their goal, by posting our daily food charts. Just a suggestion. I believe each one of us need to know the height-weight ratio, to get to our goal.

To start off!

My height - 5 ft. 4"
    My weight - 138 lbs. (62.72 kgs.)
    My Target weight - 125 lbs. (around 57 kgs.)

Target weight is what I need to achieve.
    2 mths. ago I started off weighing 151 lbs! And I feel gd. having lost abt. 14 lbs. But need to keep going to attain my target, so help me GOD!!!!
    Those keen, do reply, and we could exchange tips on weight lose! Great thread, lets keep it going!

Nimi

3. sherryindera

sherryindera New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am in the same boat, however i will not sink the boat.....lol i have alot more of lbs to loose, in 60 days.....wont give that away (the amt of weight) I am exercising in the morning, Turbo Jam and Hip hop abs...its great to work out your midsection and give you a whole body sweat....and with turbo jam you learn kickboxing which makes u limber as well. I am eating oatmeal in the morning. at lunch and dinner I will have my home cooked vegetable curries and or meat with a large salad. Salad helps your food flow through your system.....that helps in eliminating the fat...and sheds lbs....They say we can have five meals a day 3 main meals, and 2 snacks...so you wont be famished between the main meals...I think of Aishwarya rai and all the beautiful actresses and think, how would they eat ... especially when i am craving something tasty...:tongue because their body is their business, now we are not in the cameras eye, but we are our own judge and we all want to look good and be healthy which is the main goal... so dont be mad at your self when you do splurge....its control...I have a goal by November 22 American Thanksgiving, to loose and maintain....I know i will do it. You will too, just stay focused..If you have that salwar that you want to wear for that special occasion, look at it every day and imagine you in that dress...it helps too.....The trick is, with everything, have a fruit or vegetable...the more water fruits like apple, nectarines, grapes water melons, melons the better than the banana....which doesnt have water...the salads are great. have the potatoes or rice, but in smal portions.....like a half cup rice cooked. or the equavalent of half potatoe...roti, cut in half...because we eat that in our main diets....our food is this way,,,but control how much...if we cut it out totally, loose all the weight, then eat back regular, then we will gain it back, then more weight is there, then we have to do it all over again.....but if we get use to little portions,,,and we exercise too, then we will form a good shape,,,and be able to maintain.........HOPE THIS HELPS.....BEST REGARDS!
    iNDERA

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

hello all
    much needed thread. count me in. everyones post here is interesting. it seems to me we should look at the underlying reason as to why we put on extra weight. are all here pure vegetarians.? has anyone tried any weight loss programs etc. nowadays i am trying to exercise regularly and eat smaller portions. will post back later.

5. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

This is a good thread. i need to lose some weight (of course) but I don't like diets, because, it is easy to go back to the same eating habits, I prefer to exercise the weight off, but i tend to give up too easily mainly because I hate exercising. I specially need to work on my abs and would love to learn some exercises that really work!

6. Anandchitra

Hello Ladies
    I have been able to exercise this morning for 45 mins and am eating healthy so far. since i'm posting here i am more conscious of what i'm eating.

7. sherryindera

sherryindera New IL'ite

Hi Girls!
    Last night all night i had a headache i think was a migrane, the whole night, through the morning.Not feeling well, I didnt workout. I will not be mad for this because I was not feeling well. I just wanted to let you know, I feel better, and will be back on track tomorrow morning. I set up a spreadsheet like a tracker on excel, and everytime i do the workout I check it off. I pictures of my husband and children as my goal. and a pic of me when I was so slim. I want to get like that. Anything that motivates you! Hey, Why not tell us what is your goal? It is better if you tell others..And ladies, even if you do a little, its better than if you didnt do anything at all.....PS: I am not a vegetarian, I do eat chicken and fish...and Goat meat. but not too much when I am dieting....
    My goal for doing this is to look much better, and be healthy as am pretty active being a working mom and caring for the children and hubby when I am home.
    Cheers! Indera

8. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam new to this thread. It's wonderful to see many of you trying hard to loose those unwanted kilos. You all can include me as well. I'll update on my happenings then & there.

Hey Indera,
    I hope you are doing better. Is your Migrane gone??????????? Don't worry, if you can't work out for a day or two. You should feel better to do so. I've read your post and amazed with your level of energy and commitment :2thumbsup:. Pass on some energy to me. I need it :bangcomp:. Let's keep updating & share our experiences over here.

Glad to be a part of this thread.:yes:

9. Anandchitra

hello my goal is to lose weight because of health reasons. today i had to catch up with cleaning so i did not go for exercise. ihave eaten less than normal so far and fine but been moving thru out the day. will check back later

10. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies...
    my main goal is to lose weight so that i achieve an ideal bmi...mine is tipping way off the scales at the moment. and it worries me that i cant seem to get it down for the past few years.

im kinda glad that i dont look my actual weight(because my body is sort of an hourglass/pearshaped mix).
    but unfortunately,i'm actually 20 kilos overweight.:bang

sigh...anyways, great job bina, for putting in a huge effort, and also to the rest of you ladies who have embarked in the journey of 'battle against the flab'

cheers

(whoa...it's my post num 666?that kind of explains it...heheh)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007