1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

60 Days to loosing 10 lbs..The Journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Bina, Jul 11, 2007.

1. sssk

sssk New IL'ite

Hi Beena & Ramya,

It's an amazing thread, where in we can report what we eat every day and as beena said - it gives a great level of control.

As far as me, I had a nice brisk walk for 40 minutes around the park. It feels great when you finish and hell when you try to jog.

Food char - 17th Jul07
    B.F - 1 dosa , 1 Samosa
    Lunch - Small choc. cup cake , Cheese sandwitch
    Dinner - ???? I don't know yet, planning to have one chapathi with Dhal.
    Let's see if I can stop with that, before I go to bed.

Girls, can we all fix a date to stop our favourite "RICE" completely from that day onwards, replacing with rotis, chapathis & Brownd bread. Atleast within that day, we all can make up our mind to stop rice. And from then on, If we see rice on any of our food charts we can :bangcomp:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know. Keep moving.:wave

2. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Thanks SSSK....

So, the circle is slowly getting magnified......great news...:2thumbsup:
    we shall have too many to support us .

i missed out oats porridge as mentiond , instead i took rava idli....for dinner yesterday.

18th July
    BF : 2 small pieces of plain cakes
    Lunch - Tomato Rice
    Dinner - Haven't planned yet.......shd be noodles

3. sssk

sssk New IL'ite

Good to see even more entries.

Yesterday dinner was very bad for me. I was too hungry reaching home from office (as usual) and I made Rice & Sambhar. I was planning to take chapathi and Dhal (that was the plan - until I see everyone relishing the hot sambhar with ghee and my fav. lime pickle & pappad), I didn't had patience to make chapathi. Guilty to say- BUT I HAD A BOWL OF RICE (again the same mistake) at around 07:30 and ........ not yet finished had a slice of Kit Kat & a banana.

I know... I know... you all wanted to kill me. I truly admit it's my fault. And to punish me for that, Iam planning to have just boiled horse gram (kollu) along with it's soup. I promise you girls that I will fulfill this today and my tomorrow's post would be better.

Food chart - 18th Jul07
    Breakfast : 3 Idlies
    Lunch : Sandwitch
    Dinner : Horsegram soup

And Ramya you did good yesterday, rava idlies are alright. Good. :2thumbsup: Keep it up. How is it going so far.

Hi bina, where are you?..... what's up.

4. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hi SSK...

its going smooth .....but still need to stop getting :tongue tempeted with rice.

yesterday night i had 3 iddiyapam & the left over curd rice that shreya ( my daughter) had missed eating.

July 19th
    BF - 2 idli with chutney
    Dinner -2 cups Rice , Parupu Rasam & Brinjal fry
    Dinner - nothing planned ....iam bored of oats shd try for tomato soups today

Good day & keep Smiling......Bina dear where are you?

5. sssk

sssk New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

How are you doing today. Yesterday went very well. I did not had rice for dinner. GREAT. I just had 2 slices of Brown bread with Tea and a handfull of boiled chick pea.

I had the Kollu soup for today's breakfast.

My todays Food chart:
    Breafast : 2 Wholewheat Biscuit + Horse Gram Boiled with Soup
    Lunch : 3 chapathi with Curry
    Dinner : Planning to have same 2 slices of bread (I will do this)

I think we are doing fine so far, This is really giving me a great push. Yesterday night, during dinner (believe me or not) I think about you guys and thought - I just stick to this program. GREAT.

Finally Iam on the path of replacing rice with wheat & Ragi.

Bye for today:wave

6. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    Nice to meet you again here. I had temptations for rice yesterday and ate little of curd rice for lunch.
    Breakfat : 1- appale, 1-100%wheat bread toast, 1 cup of tea made with 1%fat milk.
    Lunch: 2. Little bit of curd rice
    Dinner : 1 slimfast , 1 -plums , bittergaurd porial 1/2 cup.

Day before yesterday
    Breakfast: 1- apple, 2- 100%wholewheat breadtoast, 1 cup of tea
    Lunch: -Curd rice little bit, cucumber
    Snack :--2oz of peanuts
    Dinner : 1 slim fast, 1- banana

Today
    Till now
    1- apple for breakfast

Hope to avoid rice today.. instead would like to make wheat bread sandwitch ..Lets me see..

Regards
    Birraj

7. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Dear friends

I stopped eating rice 2 months back. Even i love rice. But i have to stop it bcz of my overweight:icon_frown: . I eat it only as prasadham in temples and at parties only wen rotis r not available. What i mean to say is, stopping rice is easy. Just fix a date soon and go ahead...

ALL THE BEST!!!

bye

8. dhivikarthik

dhivikarthik New IL'ite

Hey Hi,

I chanced upon this today. Oh well I have to lose 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!! I am ready to diet but I have one darling hubby who jus wont agree te me dieting..so much so that he makes sure to come home for lunch/eat with me all the 3 meals in a day. He believes in balanced portions and lots n lots of exercise ( exercise ..Blech!!! )

Will join u guyz in this forum..but for a change am going to post in my weekly weigh-ins to see if i can increase on my determination in exercising and losing weight..!!

I am 26..and trying for a baby..so want to be in shape. Any tips with regards to that ? I open to experienced ppl's advise :)

9. Bina

Bina New IL'ite

Hi Girls! I am back. I was travelling from work and didn't get a chance to post. I have not been keeping a journal of what I ate for the last two weeks, but miracle happened and I have lost weight! I haven't weighed myself, but all my clothes are lil looser on me now..YES!!!! I guess the real reason is that I was very busy at work and didn't think about food too much. I did make the following changes and adhered to them, no mater what. I'll jot them down and they may help you:
    1. Portion control, I only took one helping of the food and when finished, told myself to drink a glass of water and wait for 5-10 minutes and if my stomach told me, its still hungry I would go back and get some more, but guess what...my stomach never told me it was hungry, my mouth said otherwise..but I ignored it and never went back for second helping.
    2. I did not eat any junk food. When I craved something, I got busy with something and told myself, I can fulfill the craving when what I am doing is done, and it worked, I got busy with the work on hand and the craving passed.
    3. I did some reading on which foods have how many calories and fat content. Now I know for sure which are "good and bad" food. Before I reach for anything, I told myself to think and choose...e.g. either I can have two cookies or a slice of brown bread with Jam (both low fat and high fibre in bread). This approach seems to work for me.

So two weeks and I have lost an inch or so and the tight salwar kameez looked very good on me on Saturday night( if I say so myself):yes:

The other thing I read here lots of you are saying rice is bad, but I'd say if you have small helping of it, and if possible make it brown rice...they are not that harmful.

'Everything in moderation' - that approach works for me and its been good 3 weeks and I can feel the difference in my body. The next thing that is on my agenda is weight training. I am going shopping for some free weights after work today. Will let you know how it goes.

Nice to see whole bunch of people joined the thread. Lets keep it going...it feels WONDERFUL to loose some fat. I think I am half way to where I need to be. So stay with me girls...WE CAN DO IT!!!
    Love
    Bina

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies,
    gud to see u all making an effort.sure u will all reduce....and never feel guilty if u have some treats in between the feeling only makes u worse....
    gudluck!!!!
    regads
    pavithra