1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

60 Days to loosing 10 lbs..The Journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Bina, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Bina

Bina New IL'ite

Hi Everyone, I'm Bina. For the longest time I was looking for a forum that had majority participation from ladies from southasia and I found this forum. I'm very happy to be here.

I work long hours, from my home office, which means..yes you got it, I have put on about extra 10 lbs that I want to loose. I finally made up my mind to do this and started watching what I eat as of yesterday. :2thumbsup: I had a good day yesterday and didn't break down and gobble up extra portions. I am hoping if I know I have to post here every day, how my eating pattern was on previous day, I would hold my self accountable and be good. So I am hoping all your ladies keep me honest and give me hell for when I mess up on my what I like to call a lifestyle change, not a diet :) In return, I will do my best to be there for all of you. Alright, the morning of day 2 starts..lets see how I do today. Thanks for reading and have a "sensible eating " day

1 person likes this.

2. Bina

Bina New IL'ite

ahhh girls...yesterday did not go very well :cry: I did well through out the day, I ate small portions. Oatmeal for breakfast, fruits as a snack and grill chesse sandwich (brown bread, slice of chesse and tomatoes, no butter) for lunch. But then, a friend was visiting and she made ginger rice, I had half a bowl, it was soooo good I went back and have 2 more helpings, as if that was not bad. We had visitors in the evening and i served caked and tea to them and I didn't want to have the cake, just tea alone, but you know us indian...all of them said, oh you have to have a piece, if we are having one. I had one small piece..well it was not that small..lol..but not huge and ofcourse had my dinner, rice with dal and yougurt at 9 p.m. I woke up this morning, not feeling good about my eating from yesterday. But one good thing is, I did take my lil son to the park and spent 1.5 hours walking around, playing with him. I really want to be good today.

I have an engagement party in few weeks for which I bought this really nice sleveless punjabi salwar kameez and its tigh figting. I hope to loose few inches before the party so I feel comfortable wearing that..otherwise I will have to find some heavy silk sari and hide myself in it heheheheh...

3. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Bina,

Welcome to the fold. Can't resist temptation, can you? I can perfectly understand. We are both in the same boat. Hope it doesn't sink...

Regards,

Abha.

4. Bina

Bina New IL'ite

Abha sweetie...no no..the boat is NOT going to sink!!! lol...we have to loose enough weight so that it floats.

Ok yesterday was hmmm a so so day. I didn't do good but didn't do bad either. I stuck with my morning routine of Oatmeal, then to avoid food temptations at home, I went to run errands during lunch hour, and for lunch I had small portion of rice, dal and yougurt(leftovers again!). Then in the early afternoon ended up having a Jam sandwich with my tea. I was good all evening, small portion of rice(yet again) and veges for dinner. The bad part was, before I retire for the night, I usually have cup of tea and watch TV for half an hour...ofcourse the cake from yesterday was sitting in the frige and calling my name..heheheh...I tried to turn a blind ear, but no..*sigh*...I answered the call and helped myself to a slice of the cake. While eating it, I knew the tonns of calories and fat I was eating, but darn it...it tasted sooo good. So, it was worth it..I tried not to let the guilt ruin my enjoyment. On the positive side, I did brush my teeth before I went to bed.

And for the exercise part, we went out with our son, walked around downtown for 2 hours...I think that was a good thing. Today I am thinking of buying some free weights and go back to my routine of only watching TV, while I pump iron. Lets see if I actually go through with it.

And today, I promise to all of you that I will not touch that leftover cake in the fridge hehehehe.

anyone else out there who wants to join me on this 60 day journey? and post with me?

5. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Hi Bina
    I am also in the same boat like you. I have to loose atleast 10 pounds. I started off with this from this week. My lunch is 1 slimfast. It is not sure enough for me. whole day I was hungry. But I some how restrict my diet. Here is my pattern, morning 10oz of kanji (made only with water no sugar or salt) or 2 bread slices and 8 oz of 1% fat milk. Lunch 1 slimfast. Evening if I am hungry too much I make a sandwich with tomattos, onion, lettuce, carrot, some mustad, and pickles. Dinner 2 chappathis or 3 with fat free yogurt. I can sucessfully reduce 1 pound with this.

I think its needs lot of dedication to loose. Most time I feel hungry but I read slokas to divert my attention.

Long story......

Birraj

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Please remember that diet alone will not help in reducing weight, you might need to little exercise too....

~Punitha

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bina,

I saw your mail today. It is nice to see you want to lose weight for looking good. That thought should be there in all the ladies minds. Once they give birth to a child we have a tendency to neglect ourselves, because we won't get thatmuch time .

When you diet , you should not have the feeling that you are dieting. If you go wrong once , bec working people cannot refuse the goodies sometimes colleagues dish out. On those days you feel you have gone out of control, have a fruit juce without sugar, or eat fruits , don't take anything else. It has helped me. If I have heavy lunch in the afternoon I just take butter milk for the night or just eat two bananas and go to bed.
    Do not feel bad about your loss of control. All the best
    Latha:wave

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Biraj,

You can eat fruits and fresh vegetables whenever you feel hungry. You can eat cucumber pieces, have walnuts with you. They give you the much needed Omega 3 & 6 which help ward off tiredness and depression.
    Keep fruits with you. You can also have Peanuts whenever you feel hungry. Try to eat something and not drink when ever you feel hungry.
    All the best

Latha :wave

9. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

HI Eljaype,
    Thanks for your kind words. I am also trying to eat froots. Most of the froots I do not like, but this time I time I am eating lot of strawberrry which I like the most. I also eat cucumbers. I will try to buy some walnuts and peanuts. See if that helps.

Will let you know my weight next week.

Regards
    Birraj

1 person likes this.
  10. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hey Bina,

ramya here( do u remember )....count mee toooooo iam in bad shape......
    want to shed down......veeryyy quickly... wandering for some miracle to happen...:idontgetit:

Today i had 2 idlis for breakfast & bread sandwich for lunch following with some chocolates(mmmmm yummy ) shd stop them atonce.

Dinner i have plans for oat porridge or tomato soup or some noddles

will it work?:wave