1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

6 Yrs old son - Change in behaviour- how to teach

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by kiki923, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kiki923

kiki923 New IL'ite

Hi IL,

I have 6 yrs old & 1& half yr old sons.
    I am noticing some change in his behaviour like easily getting angry,
    replies back, not respecting , cries for simple things etc.
    Though it is not too often i dont want it to continue, i think its easy at this age to correct.
    He is a caring, affectionate, innocent boy who listens to me & my hubby............for the past few months there is some change, i dont know whether its because of the school (from playschool to CBSE this year) or my younger son (seeing our love is shared).
    I am so worried how to correct this...........Kindly share your experience & suggestions.

Thanks!

2. kaviviru

kaviviru Senior IL'ite

This is common at this age .. Even I have a 7 year old son ... at this age .... by this age they would have learnt speaking and will imitate our behaviours most of the time .... as parents we should take care that we do not argue (or Fight) in front of the kids .... which impacts them and even they will start arguing for small things ...If your kid is not respecting or replying back (or Using bad words may be by the friend circle or from school) ... you both husband and wife should tell him that you will not tolerate this behavior .....because most of the times .. they will not know what is good and what is bad ... but when he does something new and if it is good ... you can encourage and appreciate him at the same time ... when he has tried some thing new which is bad .... Every one in the family should warn him that what ever he did is wrong .... This is how I taught him abt good and bad ....Hope my suggestion helps you too...