1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

6 Months Baby- Home Remedy For Diarrhea

Discussion in 'Infants' started by priyaindusladie, Jul 22, 2016.

1. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

All,
    Can u pl
    Suggest home remedy for diarrhea... I took the baby to my pead and he suggested Pedialyte and zofran medicine. I also want to try home remedy for diarrhea.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP, Diarrhea in a very small child can get serious .Please follow the doctors advise till the situation is under control.

In older kids...keeping them well hydrated while the medicine does its work is advised(where home remedies can be used)...but for very small babies,doctor's advise should be followed.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

For my kid some times doctor told to give non -lactic , based milk powder (forgot the brandname) till diarrhea goes. just an info.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi OP!
    Please be very careful when handling diarrhoea in your baby. Do follow your pediatrician's advice to the T. @yellomango is on spot. Make sure the baby is getting plenty of breastmilk/formula.
    Pedialyte helps maintain the electrolyte balance as lots of body water with electrolytes is lost.
    Foodwise, if you have started on solids, continue to give bland easy to digest stuff : kanji, idli - maybe. Do not try anything new until it settles.
    It would be best for you to discuss this with your Pediatrician, as to what further to give baby, besides the meds.

yellowmango likes this.
  5. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Aside from milk and pedialyte, I can vouch for mashed banana's effectiveness. Just make sure you mash it really well or use a blender instead to prevent choking hazard.

6. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

6 months old baby - this us the time u add additional food in the bay diet apart from breadth milk.

Did u start to wean u baby???
    6 months is on small to experiment with home remedies.

7. priya1178

priya1178 New IL'ite