500 Internal Server Error in Ask Chitvish sub-forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Laxmi, Sep 7, 2008.

1. sowmya.madhu

sowmya.madhu Senior IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,
    I get this error almost everyday when I visit this page. Sometimes refreshing the page does the trick of getting back to the same page. i am facing this problem for the past one week or so.

2. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I have been facing the Internal Server Error in the Hobbies - Arts and Crafts forum, almost 1-2 times everyday. There is no specific pattern observed. The error just shows up when I try to post or refresh or open a thread.

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Just now faced this error message in Music forum , while trying to Edit my posting.

Same forum, 2 days back got this when trying to make a posting -- didn't go thro' & when I re-posted, saw it had actually gone thro'. So, had to delete my repeated posting.

4. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Am back again ; same error message came just now when tried to access Virtual Feast thread and in this very thread too, when trying to make this very post !!!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi,
    I tried to post my second blog today. Around 6 20 pm and got the following error message

Internal Server Error The Server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, support@indusladies.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. Referring URL is: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blog_post.php?do=newblog More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Then I tried to break the blog into tiny pieces and post it bit by bit. It accepted upto about 20 lines and then started throwing up the same message.

I had no other option than to delete the message. But I could not delete the blog.
    So it stands out like a sore thumb reading "I tried hard to post a blog but could not."

Can you please tell me what should I do at my end? While on this will you please delete my second blog "Have you been in love?"

Details from my end: my browser is Firefox. (using it to access IL for the past 3, 4 years). I access from my laptop using Airtel's Broadband connection (256Kbps) At times I post from my office system where the connection is of 2 Mbps.

I talked to Mrs. Chithra and she told me that she also had a similar problem. And that you will be interested in knowing the time the error occurred.

Well it occured at 6 20 and 9 30 pm as well on 16th August 2009.

regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

And it continues even today. Looks like I cannot post my this week's blog at all!

sridhar

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  7. varalotti

Dear Laxmi,

I tried now - 17th August 2009 at 10 pm. I get the same message. This is just to keep you posted of the developments.

Take your time, Laxmi. I am not in a hurry. None of my posts/blogs are time sensitive. They can wait.

But if you have diagnosed the problem and corrected it please do let me know.

I think God has given me a kind of IL vacation.

love,
    sridhar

8. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,
    even I have a problem Yesterday my total number showed 51 and after posting one more also it showed 51 (Actually it should have been 53+) Today it has gone back to 50. One or two posts doesn't matter but still I thought I would inform
    Thank You

9. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laxmii,

I am unable to access IL since past few days.I use Mozilla firefox and there was never such a severe problem before,it says"Page load error" and firefox can't find sever at Indusladies.com.Hope atleast this gets posted without a hitch.

I tried accessing from internet explorer,but failed from there too.

Kindly guide me on this regard.

Thank you.

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Lathaa, is this still an issue. We made several optimization on the server Friday night. Are you able to access it now?